X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartimand
    replied
    Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
    My understanding is that the Pfizer vaccine is more artificial or synthetic than the Moderna one, so people who might not tolerate it (I have an allergy to latex rubber and wonder if I might be one) might be fine with the other(s). I do trust Pfizer, am on a medication they make for years now and have no complaints.

We watched the 20:00 news on France 2 tonight.
    One very interesting fact to emerge was that, to prevent serious illness after contracting the predominant Covid infection, the Pfizer vaccine is, by some margin, the least effective, with only a 78% efficacity,
    Astra-Zeneca is some 10% better, but the Moderna vaccine, at 96% effectiveness is apparently the pick of the bunch.
    This news must be somewhat embarrassing for President Macron, who was rubbishing the AZ vaccine not so long ago!
    I'm glad we had the AZ one!

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Originally posted by amethyst View Post

Get rid of it for good
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post

If only we could shorten the virus itself.
    Get rid of it for good

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

A shortened version
    If only we could shorten the virus itself.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

The Covid name seems to be newer than the coronavirus name.
    A shortened version

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Originally posted by tex View Post

Coronavirus is nothing new, covid 19 is just a particularly nasty strain
    The Covid name seems to be newer than the coronavirus name.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    The hot weather doesn't help to be honest - Freedom Day seems to be well-timed for some people, but as I have seen on the news, lots of people are already putting their eggs in one basket when it comes to being in public. As I shop online with Tesco, I have received the circulated email message from the CEO saying that they will still insist on customers wearing masks in store - better to be safe than sorry.

And Boris Johnson taking part in the Press Briefing at Chequers - I suppose that it had to happen eventually.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied
    So today was freedom day in england i saw the party goers lining the the streets outside the clubs counting down till midnite.

Have to many rules been relaxed at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied
    it could be but as time has went on new medicines have been found so its not as bad as it was when lockdown first started.

Just imagine if these vaccines hadnt came about say for 5 yrs.

Trey not to let it get u down mate.

the experts are saying now covid will be with us forever and we must learn to live with it depressing thought

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by tex View Post

And made in China

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

I am just trying to think that the virus is something that has always been with us so that it doesn't sound to me as something recent.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Lockdown in 11 weeks

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    The experts are saying now covid will be with us forever and we must learn to live with it depressing thought
    I am just trying to think that the virus is something that has always been with us so that it doesn't sound to me as something recent.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    More selfish people about in store,morrisons a child had is scooter in storeI wanted to go into the snack aisle and this chap nearly went into me.I stepped back pretty quick,no mask on but he was holding it in his hand.I told him you should have put that on before you went into the store,he did put it on after touching items with a rant,so many ignorant thick people about

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Rumours that screens in shops are to be removed as it spreads the virus,too many not wearing masks in shops,including staff.It will get to a point where I say enough and food shop online,too many selfish people about

Leave a comment:

Working...
X