X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by DemetriusVVV View Post
    I believe that this virus will not disappear in the nearest future (a couple of years) simply because there is so much ado around vaccination. A lot of people are afraid of vaccinating.
    I don't think so either.Another winter to get through.Its the selfish ones will put us into lockdown

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Originally posted by amethyst View Post

I don't think I'd fancy that or the throat test. Was rumours they may introduce the spit test
    It's a lot more convenient, and to cut a long story short, it stopped my birthday celebrations from being cancelled this year.

Leave a comment:

• DemetriusVVV
    replied
    I believe that this virus will not disappear in the nearest future (a couple of years) simply because there is so much ado around vaccination. A lot of people are afraid of vaccinating. I myself got concerned about my health lately so decided to take a closer look at medical insurances.I really like what Healthplan offers. They offer the best value for money, I guess.
    Last edited by DemetriusVVV; 1 week ago.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Got a testing kit a couple of weeks ago and and it came up negative on the lateral flow test - I have to say that it saved my birthday this year!

(It felt ticklish twisting the stick in my nostrils five or six times).
    I don't think I'd fancy that or the throat test.Was rumours they may introduce the spit test

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Got a testing kit a couple of weeks ago and and it came up negative on the lateral flow test - I have to say that it saved my birthday this year!

(It felt ticklish twisting the stick in my nostrils five or six times).

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    I think there will be a surge in cases in the next few weeks as children return to schools,universities colleges etc.How long will the schools remain opening before it returns to home studies the seasons are against us again.

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied
    I'm not sure if we're in a fourth or fifth wave now. I have thought all along that vaccines should be mandatory like masks. I'm not going to hate people who think otherwise but the numbers say they are simply wrong. At some point they will be not a part of the solution but a part of the problem as they say.

I saw on U.S. news a story about a fully vaccinated mother and her 15 year old who wasn't (but was two days away from a first shot administered) when they both go covid... the mother was not severely impacted but the 15 year old was in a coma on a ventilator for eleven days, big difference.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied
    Someone at my work has tested positive so we were all given a test kit, mine read negative but they suggested getting professionally done test to be sure.

I'm not too worried as I've had my jabs & haven't shown any symptoms, but I've got to wait until I get the results to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied
    i guess goverments have there reasons and health and scientific reasons.
    Reasons perhaps wed not understand cause its so complicated.

Originally posted by zincubus View Post
    how come when there were just a few cases of the bug they locked down a couple of cities but now thousands are dying every damn country is jetting their own contaminated citizens out of china ( or cruise ships ) and flying them back to their own country??

What happened to containment and confinement ffs !!

Apparently every plane / coach / hotel / hospital theyve been in contact with will be contaminated through their air conditioning units ..so it will spread like crazy ..

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Since the restrictions have been eased there is a 50/50 split in shops half were masks half dont.I continue as I am wear a mask and keep my distance from people

Leave a comment:

• Cartimand
    replied
    Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    The motorist is being hammered with fuel hikes government getting taxes back because of the virus.

The over 50s will be getting their 3rd vaccine in the autumn a phizer one

Nothing to do with fuel duty - that hasn't changed.
    It's the 8-year high in oil price being passed onto the motorist

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58076604

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Had a call from my GP surgery yesterday - they supplied me with a link to a website that can help book appointments for the vaccine, so provided that I know where and when, I will try and book one.
    Getting somewhere.

16-17 year olds will be able to have a vaccine soon

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Had a call from my GP surgery yesterday - they supplied me with a link to a website that can help book appointments for the vaccine, so provided that I know where and when, I will try and book one.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    The motorist is being hammered with fuel hikes government getting taxes back because of the virus.

The over 50s will be getting their 3rd vaccine in the autumn a phizer one

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by tex View Post

Given up wearing outdoors, or was this when you went in to pay?
    Going inside to pay

Leave a comment:

Working...
X