X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amethyst
    replied
    Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

I read 2 volunteers across the pond in their 40s had side effects with headaches and aches and pains after having the vacine

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

From what i hear there are still a few tests to do before it gets the ok.
    So im trying to not get too overconfident.

It seems older people would get it first and as time goes on it would be given to younger age grps.

They say nxt year is most likely for the roll out but i guess perhaps where in the uk u live.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Great news!....vaccine found.
    Sounds good but it will still take time - they say that it might be ready by Christmas, and if that is the case then it will be a great Christmas present.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Stay away from crowds,what about this covid vaccine do we have it and when
    No problem there - I can easily self-isolate where I am, but two wrongs don't make a right. I believe that it would have happened without COVID.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Great news!....vaccine found.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    It's that time of year when we feel as we have got colds coming on - it has happened to me over the past couple of days, but should I be worried more than usual due to COVID at the moment? I hope that I shouldn't have to.
    Stay away from crowds,what about this covid vaccine do we have it and when

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

It's that time of year when we feel as we have got colds coming on - it has happened to me over the past couple of days, but should I be worried more than usual due to COVID at the moment? I hope that I shouldn't have to.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I wish that the Downing Street press briefings would come back on a daily basis, at least on weekdays - I do sometimes feel "disconnected" when they are not on, and one has to rely on news sources for information.

Leave a comment:

• battyrat
    replied

The shop at the top of our road nobody seems to wear masks and social distancing does not exist. All the shop owner is interested in is money. Nothing is said to anybody. In fact I think many people use that shop because they are not forced to cover their faces.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

More likely too much effort to put a mask on for a few minutes selfish people about it really annoys me

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied

I was out to the bank this morning (Canada) and couldn't believe there were two people ahead of me with no masks and there is a sign at the door saying to wear them while inside.

Imagine the people who do have to wear one all day while some can't bother to put one on for inside a bank for all of ten minutes. Two young men being selfish thinking they are immune I guess. Lock downs are an extreme to be avoided and I don't think they should be forced in areas that aren't in an extreme situation, but people like these two visiting my bank are what leads to it.

I guess we should think of what people in the blitz had to contend with perhaps? Today they could have something set up for stress relief and counseling though. This one of those adapt and learn moments, not the magical thinking wishing it away type of thing, and yet I guess that response goes back a long long way. people used to believe in magic amulets and spells and things to ward off illness etc.

Striking a balance should be top of mind for anyone making rules, people do need visitors sometimes and jobs depend on being able to conduct some business.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

I’m still in shock after learning about the young kid ( aged 13 ) in America who was happily messing with his school mates one moment and died of Covid just 10 days ( TEN) later !! They didn’t mention any underlying health issues as they normally do ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Has anyone seen any comparison per thousand of their relative populations of N. Ireland and the Rep of Ireland as regards infections / hospitalisations / recoveries and /or deaths ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• battyrat
    replied

I wear a facemask 12 hours a day now even at work. Cannot wear a fancy one as not work issue and they don't have a health certificate so employer is not covered.

Even though it's now mandatory at my work place work, employer is very reluctant to issue them.

You are supposed to change them every 4 hours but I have only seen two face masks issued to me in over 3 weeks.

Guess who's having to pay for them out of own pocket.

Besides since going permanently into facemasks I have found breathing harder even when the things are removed and the irregular heart beat has got a lot worse.

plastic Face shields are useless unless someone spits directly at you so not worth wearing them.

So yeah. No Mask no work, and killing myself in the process.

I also like the way the Government says doctors are still open for business. Trying to get an appointment is impossible and they don't stay on the phone when they ring anymore then 30 seconds so you don't get a chance to answer the phone after a two week wait for it. Then you have to try to talk to them on the phone in a busy and noisy place so you can't talk about certain things privately. To make matters worse you can't ring back either.

so Yeah, it's not going to get any easier for some of us just in a day to day capacity.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    It arrived with a bang let's hope it disappear and gone by 2021
    I don't want my birthday plans to be ruined two years in a row.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X