Clear All

• amethyst
    replied
    Will they reach the target of vaccinating over 18 by 31st dec

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
    My wife and I had our booster jab yesterday.
    A little surprised to get the Moderna vaccine, when our first two jabs were AstraZeneca. The medic explained that Moderna is the preferred one for boosters, as most of the AZ stocks have now been shipped to the Third World and Pfizer is the most difficult vaccine to store and has a host of contra-indications.
    My right arm is slightly swollen around the site of the jab and was so painful that I could only sleep on my left side. Even pulling a shirt on this morning hurt like hell when it rubbed on my arm. My wife also has the sore arm and also a throbbing headache.
    Still, I reckon that's a small price to pay for another 6 months immunity.
    I suspect the pandemic will be with us for another couple of years yet.
    Snap I had the moderna booster,the first two were AstraZeneca.I felt the needle it was painful but as I sat in the area for 15 mins rest bite it went.So I got home took 2 paracetamol straight away,also took 2 before going to bed ,so far so good no side affects

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied
    The boosters seem to be coming along a bit slower in Canada, so far just the very elderly and people with serious other issues getting one. We are working mostly on getting kids jabbed for the first or second time. I remember getting all sorts of shots or oral vaccines while in school in the '70s-early '80s, it never seemed to be an issue or get questioned except by an extremely small fringe or minority religion of some kind.

Leave a comment:

• Cartimand
    replied
    My wife and I had our booster jab yesterday.
    A little surprised to get the Moderna vaccine, when our first two jabs were AstraZeneca. The medic explained that Moderna is the preferred one for boosters, as most of the AZ stocks have now been shipped to the Third World and Pfizer is the most difficult vaccine to store and has a host of contra-indications.
    My right arm is slightly swollen around the site of the jab and was so painful that I could only sleep on my left side. Even pulling a shirt on this morning hurt like hell when it rubbed on my arm. My wife also has the sore arm and also a throbbing headache.
    Still, I reckon that's a small price to pay for another 6 months immunity.
    I suspect the pandemic will be with us for another couple of years yet.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by HG View Post
    I'm due a booster but giving it a few months as I had covid following my first two jabs so got a natural booster. I'm not antivax but 3 vaccines plus a flu jab and a dose of covid in 9 months just doesn't sit right with me.
    Because the labs didn't have much time to come up with a vaccine.Looks like a temporary fix to give folks a bit of a boost with only months to protect you.As someone mentioned on GB news yesterday,vaccines are about protection if you catch covid the symptoms would be less severe than a vaxless person,but he said we need a vaccine that not only protects us with a longer life span also to stop the spread of this horrible virus in a vax

Leave a comment:

• HG
    replied
    I'm due a booster but giving it a few months as I had covid following my first two jabs so got a natural booster. I'm not antivax but 3 vaccines plus a flu jab and a dose of covid in 9 months just doesn't sit right with me.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied
    My booster is booked for the 11th of December.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Having my booster done on sunday

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    My sister in law had dizzy spells after having the phizer booster

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by tex View Post

Yeah, seriously considering it this year....60,000 deaths predicted.
    Yes that's what they say.Think the covid vaccine booster will be before xmas

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied
    Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Had my flu jab felt the needle but no effects,my neighbours arm came up in a lump
    Yeah, seriously considering it this year....60,000 deaths predicted.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Had my flu jab felt the needle but no effects,my neighbours arm came up in a lump

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by darren View Post

must agree mask wearing is no big deal to me.
    Not only helps with covid but also means u dont sneeze over peeps.
    In asian countries mask wearing has been the norm for decades.

Yes in Japan

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

must agree mask wearing is no big deal to me.
    Not only helps with covid but also means u dont sneeze over peeps.
    In asian countries mask wearing has been the norm for decades.

Originally posted by tex View Post
    i personally don't find mask wearing an inconvenience and i don't understand peoples objections to them knowing that they are helping to keep transmission rates down

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    I have heard a few people that have had the covid booster,don't think that I will get mine until xmas.But I rang the doctors last week and managed to get through.Having my flu jab this morning

Leave a comment:

Working...
X