Football - Women's World Cup 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football - Women's World Cup 2023

Nobody here been watching? I was pulling for Holland as well as England but now down to just England... I wonder how they'll do against Australia? Will be great to see either of them in the final actually but will pull slightly more for England (while sipping a Buderim ginger beer from down under).

If I had to bet I'd probably place money on Spain for ultimate winner. Surprises can be fun though!
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

I did watch englands last match the girls showed some real grit to get thru.

They just dont know how to lose which is a nice habit.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I guess I was right to pick Spain over Sweden... would be great to see England vs. Spain as the final.

I think Holland might've gotten past Sweden if they'd had van de Donk... if she hadn't gotten that second yellow card. I don't know if they could've had any better luck against Spain than Sweden had however.
      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I would like to see England in the final as well - I wonder whether: A) If England did win, it would be just as much an historic achievement compartiable with 1966; and: B) Whether we will get a short-notice Bank Holiday out of it as I have seen from comments online.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

So england did win. And yes they mentioned a bank holiday should england win the final.

Would it be as historic a win as 66 it should be but as its the womens team it probably wont be.

Originally posted by george 1978 View Post
          i would like to see england in the final as well - i wonder whether: A) if england did win, it would be just as much an historic achievement compartiable with 1966; and: B) whether we will get a short-notice bank holiday out of it as i have seen from comments online.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Looks very promising - we were never a goal down today and we had that chance, and we got it! Who needs Homes Under the Hammer and Bargain Hunt when we can watch this on daytime BBC One?

Remember - the final on Sunday: BBC One at 10.00 am and ITV1 at 10.15 am. I shall remind my Sky Digibox to tune into the former on Sunday.

I bet that regular Sunday morning activities such as church services will get a few empty pews this Sunday morning as they will be close to a TV set near them!
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It looks like it will be a memorable final, I most just want a good solid game!

Comment

It has been great - I love how the Women are now respected in their own right and are fair (in the main) un-like Men who make a big deal of everything (or say if a pass is'nt accurate)

I hope we win sun ... and though the Australian's was poor loosers to us, - hand on heart I really wanted a Australia-England Final - but sadly the draw was'nt to be that way - but still what a Competition this year has been. Australia have been great hosts as you'd expect - par being offended yesterday! Go the English Lioness'!!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  So england did win. And yes they mentioned a bank holiday should england win the final.

Would it be as historic a win as 66 it should be but as its the womens team it probably wont be.

That is really true Darren - that'd be amazing to win after all these years

Sadly "dear old Rishi" thinks and say's a Bank Holiday in celebration is a "no-no" though, cos of the economy or some rubbish

With all the "wrongs" and bad news/and wrotten things in the World I think we'd deserve one and it'd be great - but sadly us English (or rather those in charge) don't care about how culture etc - which is where we are way behind the Australian's, Irish and even the Yanks!

Comment

If you are listening to the final on the radio, I would recommend listening on BBC local radio on FM rather than Five Live on AM as the FM reception is better - I assume that most BBC local radio stations will have it. In my area, it will be on 103.8 FM, starting at 11.00 am. Might put a couple of C90s in the radio cassette recorder tomorrow.

There's just one more thing for me to say, and that just happens to be....

GOOD LUCK LIONESSES!!!!
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

By the way, the BBC One coverage (the actual programme) starts at 9.45 am rather than 10.00 am - make sure you don't miss the start of it!
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

And the ITV1 coverage starts at 9.25 am and not 9.55 am like TV listings magazines state where an episode of Catchphrase was scheduled - I might go for that coverage.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

One word that I would use when the match ended at 1.02 pm BST: Disappointing.

I would loved it to been a draw so that it could go to extra time and penalties.

But that's the end of that.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

What a series from Spain (and England up until today's game)... Catherine of Aragon's revenge?

Comment

Working...
                            X