Old people are going away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old people are going away!

Have you noticed as you go through life that , as you gain maturity, there seems fewer and fewer oldies ?

When I was a schoolboy and teenager there seemed to vast hordes of them like running the country or just blocking uo the streets by gawping into shop windows but now theres a lot less for some reason

Re: Old people are going away!

Maybe thats because you are now one of them?

at 6 years old anyone over 50-60 seems old to them , so next time you stop to have a gander in a shop window, you'll know exactly what that little passer by is thinking!

must be pension day
    Heather

Comment

Think you're right Hug - time is moving on

Give it a decade or two and they'll be wheeling what's left of us ( DYR people ) out like a load of Chelsea pensioners for parades etc

Comment

I've always consider by Gran old, but my parents are nearly as old as her when I was young, but don't seem nearly as old.

A while back my Dad was quoting that the average 80 year old today is as fit as someone 60 years old was 60 years ago.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Valid point Rich

They used to turn into proper little old people once they got to like late thirties onwards but the present crop just keeps going - when you think about even Saga holidays nowadays have like punk disco's instead of afternoon tea dances so it must be down to healthier lifestyle/diet that keeps them going

Comment

They're all in M & S. You can't move for them.
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
              They're all in M & S. You can't move for them.
              So true this is definetly the shop to find them,in the food hall department.

There are a lot of over 60,s now they dress more trendier,than our parents relatives did.
              I remember my dad dressing old when he was in his forties,striped suits,wooly waistcoats,bracersflat caps or trilbies etc.
              My mum used to wear granny dresses and cardigans when she was in her 40,s,hence making her older than she really was.
              How times have changed if you dress young and trendy,then you stay young at heart which is important

Comment

Wearing tweeds seems to be a sign of getting old, unless you're a member of the country set.

Pipe smoking used to be another, but even that isn't catching on with 40 somethings these days in the way it once did.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Tweed's coming back in, so I've heard.
                  If there's no old peeps, then how come everytime I go into a shop I have to wait ten minutes for the cashier to check some dithering duffers lottery tickets?!!
                  It's true, getting older doesn't mean inevitable dullitude.
                  I hope that when I get old I'm just like Barry Crier(sp?). He wrote for Kenny Everret and must be 70 ish, but he still embrases new talent and new things.
                  I pray that as I get older I will never think I know it all, and will always treat each new day as a fresh new dawn

Comment

Mentioning tweed last night I watched an old episode of Mr Bean,the one where he is shopping in the Alders sale,he goes on the escalator his expression when he gets to the top.
                    You just cannot miss that old tweed jacket

There are a lot of nice old folk about,but then you get the ones who don,t stop moaning!

Comment

What happened to "old people voices'??
                      my Dad still sounds the same as he always did and he's in his 70's.
                      As a youngster, you always had the impression all "oldies" spoke it that slow, comedic way

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                        ...As a youngster, you always had the impression all "oldies" spoke in that slow, comedic way
                        And called everyone "deary"

Comment

When I think of old people talking I think of old-school race cars. The old bats whitter on eagerly about who's broken their hip, got cancer and died, like the longer you can keep it off, the more charged with piety is your holy smugness.
                          But when you meet a proper old timer, you're blessed.

Comment

I popped into Lidl,s yesterday,there was 2 ladies,2 gents probably in their 70,s,had trolleys they had blocked off a section where I wanted to go.Had to go round another route,they were so busy gassing,that is so annoying,this is not the first time.Many a time when I have been in Tesco in the past,old folk have stopped right on the spot,when they encounter someone else they haven,t seen in yonks that,s it then half an hour of,oh how is so and so,moaning about hospitals,bills prices etcthey talk so loud so the rest of us has to hear their moans

Comment

Scarily, I am now 2 months older than the leader of the Labour Party.

Comment

Working...
                              X