• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hd

HD is slowly coming in... Corrie is being filmed in HD
    no doubt EE will follow eventually.

Its a great developement, the quality of the pics ... vid caps etc
    is supurb.

Cant wait till everything on TV is in HD !

Re: Hd

I'm not sure about HD.
    Natural human vision brings immediate objects into focus, while those further away become naturally diffused, and earth's atmosphere does that (air). Everything in sharp focus is not natural and not necessarily comfortable on the eye imho...

Comment

havent they done a lot of updating to the new doctor who so it will transfer on to HD Tv sets
      MOLE MOLE GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE - GRUNDA GRUNDA

Comment

I'm not HD ready I only buy a new TV if the last one goes BANG! Not even gone flat screen yet. Think our current tv is about 8 years old, I like to get my moneys worth
        Heather

Comment

Many years ago there was a comedian who talked about flat screens as part of his stand-up. Alas I can't recall which comedian it was. His routine went along the lines of, "Well I've sometimes thought the colour could be better, the horizontal hold plays up a bit and the picture is a bit grainy when it rains, but I can honestly say I've never thought that what I really need is a 'flatter squarer screen'!" (which was the phrase used in the commercials.)

I feel the same about HD. It wasn't something I was longing for.

MB
          Last edited by Marine Boy; 02-09-2010, 19:20.

Comment

I remember that joke too MB, but I can't think who told it either and it's annoying me now!

We have had HD for a while now because we watch a lot of sport and films on Sky. I couldn't be without it now.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

are you hd ready yet have u still got that one have u got your moneys worth.heh.

ive got 4 tv's none are hd 2 are widescreen the other 2 are at least 20 year old.
              and its the older smaller ones i use.

they are portable tellys very small screen muist be like a ten inch sccreen.

thing is i got 3 of them for nothing as they where to be dumped.

who says nothing in life is free.heh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
              I'm not HD ready I only buy a new TV if the last one goes BANG! Not even gone flat screen yet. Think our current tv is about 8 years old, I like to get my moneys worth
              Last edited by darren; 06-08-2013, 15:35.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Nope, I'm not fussed with HD. Don't really see so much of a difference that would make me want it on my telly. Same with 3D. Ok at the pictures as a novelty but not in the home. In fact I'm sure I heard recently that some companies are abandoning plans to make 3D programmes because the TVs haven't taken off as they thought they would.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

HD seems to work best with a big screen & an HD source.

At Xmas I was at my sister's for a few days & was surprised at how good some things looked on her TV.

Since then I bought an HD Hard Disc recorder, this does make things slightly better on my HD Ready TV through an HDMI cable.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I'd rather have the production quality of the shows of yester-year in regular 625-line format than any amount of today's trash in so-called HD.

Besides, what's the point of HD when it's mostly being viewed on horrendous LCD screens? The reproduction is, on the whole, terrible compared to a good quality CRT set.

Comment

Working...
                    X