No announcement yet.

what do people think of kids tv today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do people think of kids tv today?

Totally agree. I dare say I don't see that much kids TV now but I remember when I was a kid some TV was great but a lot of it wasn't that good. I sometimes think we put on rose tinted specs when we look back at things. I used to love Camberwick Green when I was a kid in 70's but I watched it on DVD recently and though 'my god that's really boring!'. Chorlton and the Wheelies on the other hand has stood the test of time IMO. So has Danger Mouse. I must admit Horroble Histories that's on TV now for kids is great!
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

The reason there's not kids TV on the main channels is because of the digital cross over. I don't know anyone who has bog standard analogue TV anymore, they are turning it off in a few months here in Yorkshire. There are kid dedicated channels if you look at the tv guide.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
        Getting back on track.

I personally dont think childrens tv of today is any better or worse than back when I was a child. There's some fantastic programmes for kids and some really dire ones,just as back then.
        Hi H.

thing is i really do think kids tv was much better back when i was growing up.

i practically liked everything.

i guess it just depends on how many shows back in the day you liked as to whether you you feel kids tv is better or worse than when you where a nipper H.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I personally think the only people who can possibly comment on Kids tv of today is 'the kids of today',after all it's not aimed at us as adults is it? ;P
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            I personally think the only people who can possibly comment on Kids tv of today is 'the kids of today',after all it's not aimed at us as adults is it? ;P
            thing is H i still watch kids tv im as big a kid now as i was then.

Istill watch kids shows that i remember and some of the kids shows now and i really do not like them as much as the ones i watched when growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              thing is H i still watch kids tv im as big a kid now as i was then.

Istill watch kids shows that i remember and some of the kids shows now and i really do not like them as much as the ones i watched when growing up.
              Good on you Darren. Why not I say, there is no harm in it, but people just assume bad thing's about people because of this and there love for nostalga. Did you get my PM by the way I wonderd?
              Last edited by 80sChav; 13-07-2011, 00:02.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                Good on you Darren. Why not I say, there is no harm in it, but people just assume bad thing's about people because of this and there love for nostalga. Did you get my PM by the way I wionderd?
                i did get your pm mate.

another is n its way very shortly.

i can be seen watching knightmare this surely has one of the all time best intro tunes sheer magic it is.http://youtu.be/4bwK5H8Ui-E
                it was the last show on a friday on itv childres show citv.

on from half 4 to 5.

ill be honest im as big a kid now as i ever was.
                people say grow up but why should i or anyine grow up.

Comment

True Darren mate we all (well not all) but a lot of us feel the same. My Grandma used to say this to me about Xmas but i'd just say "I just devour (for want at the moment of trying to think of a better word as i'm worn-out) buying thing's for people to see their faces, though i'm no longer a kid"
                  on from half 4 to 5.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                    True Darren mate we all (well not all) but a lot of us feel the same. My Grandma used to say this to me about Xmas but i'd just say "I just devour (for want at the moment of trying to think of a better word as i'm worn-out) buying thing's for people to see their faces, though i'm no longer a kid"
                    on from half 4 to 5.
                    om no longer a kid either but bu how i act and what i watch i still am.
                    is this the same with you.

think ill go bananaman.
                    http://youtu.be/lbPxRAeClJA

i bet banana sales went up after seeing how a banana affected eric.

i eat them a lot still hoping ill become as eric does after eating a banana.

Comment

I'll keep my eyes peeled for bananaman

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                        I'll keep my eyes peeled for bananaman
                        especially if your in acatia road.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          especially if your in acatia road.

Thought that that wasSuper Ted's Address Darren, no? You seen my thread about Ties in this catergory ... wonderd what you thought?

Comment

It's hard to compare the children's tv I watched as a child to the children's tv of today. I still like some of the stuff I watched as a kid but purely for nostalgic reasons. I tolerate the programmes that are on today because I have a 3 year old that likes some of them. The programmes today don't seem as good but that's watching through an adults eyes.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

In a way it is hard to compare im not being biased but i think say if 2 generations of older people say people from there mid thirties upwards both watched kids shows from the 2.000's and shows from the eighties theyd prefer the eighties ones.

And this is saying they had never seen either of these decades shows before they did the above for the first time

Originally posted by branny View Post
                              it's hard to compare the children's tv i watched as a child to the children's tv of today. I still like some of the stuff i watched as a kid but purely for nostalgic reasons. I tolerate the programmes that are on today because i have a 3 year old that likes some of them. The programmes today don't seem as good but that's watching through an adults eyes.

Comment

Oldies best shows todays stuff no where near the same
                                THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
                                X