Your very petty pet hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

Fie me its carol mcgiffin but yes denise is a bit annoyng always embarrasses herself.
    i remember that big bro well beach.

also simon cowell gets onmy nerves.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
    Denise Welsh is another one that gets on my wick in Loose Women and when she won Celebrity Big Brother she was an embarassement for women flashing her bits on tv and chasing Michael Madsen (Resevoir Dogs) and just being her usual annoying self.

Also Vincent Simone from Strictly Dancing. He is so in love with himself, Helen Flannagan's behaviour when she was on I'm a Celebrity and people who are called Celebrity too easily (reality show people) and didn't realise MP's are celebrities I can think of other words for them!
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
      lol i never even thought of that before, i tend to use both pound and pounds for the plural without even thinking about it, but more than often i tend to say things like "200 quid" cos 200 quids sounds weird lol
      Yup Quid is acceptable
      DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

So we've narrowed it down to all reality tv and morning tv presenters then? I can agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          oh u read my mind roz.heh.

i cant stand richard arnold either.
          nor fiona phillips.

a show i avoid likethe plague.
          daybreak seems to have the knack of attracting people that irritate me.

and they are probably dead outside daybreak.
          Richard Arnold is just horrible, surprised that one or two here like him as he gets slagged off on most boards I read. I thought the only person who thought he was funny was him!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Fiona Phillips is literally the worst female presenter ever. Her voice is just the right wave length for me to tune out, similar to a baby crying or an old person falling over. Not too good when her job is meant to be informing me.

Arian Chiles has to be the contender for worst male presenter. He's like a creepy ventriloquists dummy, sat on the directors invisible knee whilst being manipulated into spouting rubbish on recent topics, similar to that guy in the pub nobody likes because they think their an expert on everything.

Bruce Forsyth comes in close second. If you went a show and an old doddery man came on as compare and did the same act as old Bruce does you'd key the Help the Aged van that brought said act to the show on the way out. How Bruce still gets gigs is beyond my comprehension. Let someone else have a go Bruce, someone that doesn't have to take a powernap during the breaks of the show their supposed to be presenting.
            Can't stand him either or Tess Daly.

In fact I hate Strictly, have no idea why it's so popular. It's just a bunch of has-been politicians/tv/music stars trying to get noticed - and ballroom dancing does nothing for me I'm afraid.

Agree with others about Loose Women too and The One Show is another show I hate - it reminds me of the worst bits of regional news programmes mixed with This Morning - not good!

Comment

even the name of the show the one show annoys me.
              surely hey could have thought of a better name for it than that.
              its presenters dont annoy me just the name of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                even the name of the show the one show annoys me.
                surely hey could have thought of a better name for it than that.
                its presenters dont annoy me just the name of the show.
                It is a stupid name and causes no end of confusion for my elderly mother. Without fail she'll call it the 1 o'clock show or the 7 o'clock show. I don't think the current presenters are particularly good. The Geordie bloke always seems a bit stiff like he's trying to quietly avert a crisis and the welsh woman is annoying. Overall the show is a bit lame.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

• why not call it bbc1 show at 7 that would be a bit better.
                  or current affairs at 7.

you know like pebble mill at one.

cant understand how they thought of such an odd name.
                  not a shock it confuses your mum.
                  confuses me.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                  It is a stupid name and causes no end of confusion for my elderly mother. Without fail she'll call it the 1 o'clock show or the 7 o'clock show. I don't think the current presenters are particularly good. The Geordie bloke always seems a bit stiff like he's trying to quietly avert a crisis and the welsh woman is annoying. Overall the show is a bit lame.
                  another thing tha gets me a bit is when im in the library people using their phones they are not meant to.
                  and you can hear every word of their conversation.

Comment

I get annoyed at people saying "think" when they mean "thing".
                    Usually the word "something" becomes "somethink".
                    Just one of those (many) things that wind me up.
                    Some would find it petty, but I just think it's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                      I get annoyed at people saying "think" when they mean "thing".
                      Usually the word "something" becomes "somethink".
                      Just one of those (many) things that wind me up.
                      Some would find it petty, but I just think it's correct.
                      Or when it morphs further into somefink or summit, although I accept the dialect word summick from my own region.
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

In my region it is summat. Always has been. Always will be.

I'm actually doing a youtube series on my local accent at the minute, although researching, editing and cobbling everything together is a nightmare. Even the simplest things take hours upon hours. The latest video I am doing is looking at between 90 to 120 minutes per 1 minute of actual footage...

I wouldn't mind, but it's nothing special visually. I'm glad when I started designing the series that I pared it right back, otherwise I'd have been looking at 20 and 30 hours worth of work for a video on youtube that'd get about 10 views.

On topic, I just went to make myself my morning cuppa, went to open the milk and the tab came off. I've had to bleary stab the lid open with a skewer. I frigging hate it when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          In my region it is summat. Always has been. Always will be.

I'm actually doing a youtube series on my local accent at the minute, although researching, editing and cobbling everything together is a nightmare. Even the simplest things take hours upon hours. The latest video I am doing is looking at between 90 to 120 minutes per 1 minute of actual footage...

I wouldn't mind, but it's nothing special visually. I'm glad when I started designing the series that I pared it right back, otherwise I'd have been looking at 20 and 30 hours worth of work for a video on youtube that'd get about 10 views.

On topic, I just went to make myself my morning cuppa, went to open the milk and the tab came off. I've had to bleary stab the lid open with a skewer. I frigging hate it when that happens.
                          Ooh yes that happens to me too, it drives you mad.

While we're talking packaging, I hate how they put that awful thick plastic packaging on headphones and similar products.

I bought some new headphones a month or two ago and just couldn't cut through the plastic it was that thick. After stabbing the plastic about 7 times I eventually prodded a hole in it with my scissors, but then as I tried to cut into it I ended up cutting my hand - so annoying

Comment

ppl who can not drive ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr every week on a friday i go get my daughter from school parking aint the best place to be but you have to jump in first there are some ppl who realy need take there test again i watched one tonight reverse parking oh my god how many times did it take her goooosssssssssshhhhhhhhh you could of got a 18 wheeler lorry in spot
                            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Roz View Post
                              Ooh yes that happens to me too, it drives you mad.

While we're talking packaging, I hate how they put that awful thick plastic packaging on headphones and similar products.

I bought some new headphones a month or two ago and just couldn't cut through the plastic it was that thick. After stabbing the plastic about 7 times I eventually prodded a hole in it with my scissors, but then as I tried to cut into it I ended up cutting my hand - so annoying
                              I don't know what kind of plastic they use for packaging nowadays but even "thin" plastic wrap is hard to open without scissors or a knife. Gotta love it when the packaging is better made than the product.

Comment

she was just trying to be careful mark.
                                she dd it in the end.

one thing i really dont like is when there is some big scandal its always something gate.
                                u know after watergate.

this really gets on my goat.
                                the latest one is plebgate.AAAHH

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                                ppl who can not drive ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr every week on a friday i go get my daughter from school parking aint the best place to be but you have to jump in first there are some ppl who realy need take there test again i watched one tonight reverse parking oh my god how many times did it take her goooosssssssssshhhhhhhhh you could of got a 18 wheeler lorry in spot

Comment

Working...
                                X