Your very petty pet hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

I had the same thing in Texas with the rain. I wouldn't mind but it was that warm you dried out 10 minutes after it finished. These balmy weather types need to spend a proper rainy afternoon in the rural parts of Yorkshire, where it's perfectly normal for the rain to come at you horizontally in sheets. Even the storms there were light on the rain.

I will say this, the thunder and wind in Texas is king size. The thunder probably holds the record of being the loudest thing I've ever heard, followed by firing a gun and being at a The Who concert.

Comment

Bad manners, there's no need for them........be as curtious and helpful to others as you'd expect recieve yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        I had the same thing in Texas with the rain. I wouldn't mind but it was that warm you dried out 10 minutes after it finished. These balmy weather types need to spend a proper rainy afternoon in the rural parts of Yorkshire, where it's perfectly normal for the rain to come at you horizontally in sheets. Even the storms there were light on the rain.

I will say this, the thunder and wind in Texas is king size. The thunder probably holds the record of being the loudest thing I've ever heard, followed by firing a gun and being at a The Who concert.
        I remember my Dad's stories about golf ball-sized hail when he was in the Army stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas.

Comment

As predicted the snow did cause most of the UK to grind to a halt.

All the local schools were shut or the kids were let out at 11.30am - this despite the fact that my region wasn't hit as badly as some (I'm in the North West).

That said, I do feel for those in Wales who have no power, again though why are they still waiting for help??

Will be interesting to see how things go in next few days

Comment

Gross incompetence everywhere that is more and more becoming the norm these days.

For Christmas I bought myself a Lego set, the remote-controlled Excavator from the Technic series. I just started building it a few days ago and noticed that a piece is missing. I must have painstakingly searched through everything at least a dozen times and I still couldn't find it. And then reading the instructions I found that this model requires 14 of these pieces, all of which are missing! I can see how it's possible for them leave out one piece but an entire set of gears???

Comment

thats madness.
              why did they do that.

are these on purposely missing or something and you have to collect them.

pity it did not say on the packaging about this.

one thing i dont like is when playing computer games majoras mask to be exact to get all the heart pieces you need the gameboy advance to get one of the quarters.

this really gets on my nerves.

this should bever be the case.

basically you have to get another computer link it up to the one your playing the game on to get and complete something.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
              Gross incompetence everywhere that is more and more becoming the norm these days.

For Christmas I bought myself a Lego set, the remote-controlled Excavator from the Technic series. I just started building it a few days ago and noticed that a piece is missing. I must have painstakingly searched through everything at least a dozen times and I still couldn't find it. And then reading the instructions I found that this model requires 14 of these pieces, all of which are missing! I can see how it's possible for them leave out one piece but an entire set of gears???
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I called Lego and they said they'll send me the missing pieces. They said delivery is 7-10 days because its coming all the way from Denmark. We'll see what happens. I paid £126 for the Lego set!

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                  I called Lego and they said they'll send me the missing pieces. They said delivery is 7-10 days because its coming all the way from Denmark. We'll see what happens. I paid £126 for the Lego set!
                  How frustrating

You would expect better after having paid so much. These things should be checked and then re-checked before they are boxed...and then a 7-10 day wait for them, what a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    thats madness.
                    one thing i dont like is when playing computer games majoras mask to be exact to get all the heart pieces you need the gameboy advance to get one of the quarters.
                    I never knew this. How do you go about getting the heart piece then? I know Windwaker had you putting the GBA in so 'Tingle' could help you, but I never knew it was in N64 games as well. I always though the cross platform stuff was the NGC big sell. The only games I can think of that did it before were the Pokemon Stadium games.

Comment

Originally posted by Roz View Post
                      How frustrating

You would expect better after having paid so much. These things should be checked and then re-checked before they are boxed...and then a 7-10 day wait for them, what a joke.
                      Yeah, Denmark may be just a hop, skip and a jump from the UK but not only am I across the pond but also behind a very large rock pile.

Comment

Friends who ring you up saying they're bored

I'm sorry but how can anyone in this day and age be bored? With the internet you can visit millions of websites (including great ones like this) download music, films, tv shows or just watch stuff on YouTube. He has Sky tv and about four games consoles too, plus about 5000 DVDs, not to mention his new Kindle to read books on.

He also lives near a cinema and a couple of pubs.

Personally I find it hard to find the time to be bored, there is always something to do. I do wonder how he coped in the 'old' days before many of the things mentioned above existed!

Comment

Your friend sounds like an ****.

Boredom is the product of a reclusive mind not open to trying things.

Comment

Or as granddad used to say, boredom is the hallmark of a boring person.

Comment

"Everythink" - There's no such word.
                              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

never heard that before.

another when people ask you are you feeling ok when of course your not.

Originally posted by branny View Post
                                "Everythink" - There's no such word.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X