Your very petty pet hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

What drives me nuts is riding with someone who doesn't even give you enough time to buckle up or get situated which sometimes is very hard to do when the car is moving. Especially if its an older car where the seat belts are a bit tricky.

Comment

Ive had that on before mate.

sometimes im not even given enough to time to get in.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
      What drives me nuts is riding with someone who doesn't even give you enough time to buckle up or get situated which sometimes is very hard to do when the car is moving. Especially if its an older car where the seat belts are a bit tricky.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Disc jockeys that talk drivel all over your favourite songs or cut them short altogether. Car drivers that have complete apathy for anyone else on the road. The poor selection of cheese on offer at Aldi. Un-skippable anti-piracy nagging warnings at the start of DVD films. People that clog pavements and stop dead inside the doorways of busy shops so they can have a natter with their friends. Supermarket lorries that hog the road doing 35mph without pulling over to let the queue of traffic past. Reality TV. Anything with mayonnaise in it. "Unexpected item in the bagging area!" People that give a running commentary of the film you are watching at the cinema. And smartphones.

Comment

another is when watching something on youtube say a film and you get music played over it such as that rick astley fella
          dont mind him just dont want to hear music whe you are watching a film etc.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            Ive had that on before mate.

sometimes im not even given enough to time to get in.
            For some reason when my Dad got one of his cars he liked to get out & lock it very quickly, & often I almost got locked inside.

To get round this I used to open the door as soon as he had turned the engine off.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
              The poor selection of cheese on offer at Aldi.
              This made me giggle for some reason . But yes inconsiderate drivers, although I am guilty of this. When driving I hate cyclists and when cycling I hate drivers. And smartphones. It's been noticeable over the last couple of years how much time people spend with their head down over the phone, like the real world doesn't exist around them. I was on holiday recently and people were more interested in getting an Internet connection or taking photos than admiring the views before them.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

It's a sad irony that the Smartphone is making people dumber.

Comment

it makes people more lazy the way they dont spell words correctly.

they use all this text language.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                  It's a sad irony that the Smartphone is making people dumber.

Comment

iTunes

I always download my music from Amazon or Play.com without any problems (wasn't keen on Amazon's new system but it's fine now) - but I wanted to use iTunes for this particular song - jeez am I sorry I did. What a crappy site, it wouldn't recognise my password at first, then it was saying I had downloaded the only other song I bought from them on another computer (I hadn't) and they wanted my bank details again - then when I eventually bought the song I was unable to transfer it to my MP3 player despite reading all their (confusing) advice, and after going through about 5 pages was told I would receive a call from an advisor if I wanted (I didn't). After a few more goes I gave up, the song was saved to my Windows Media player but *still* wouldn't sync.

To cut a long story short I downloaded it from Amazon and within seconds it was on my MP3 player. I've deleted iTunes from my desktop now.
                    Last edited by Roz; 18-12-2012, 22:04.

Comment

iTunes is a horrible piece of software.

It just works.

Actually, no it doesn't because it has the apple stamp on it and nothing apple ever makes is straight forward and works the way it should.

Comment

I gave up on iTunes about 2 years ago as it's rubbish! I have an old 80GB iPod and I replaced the Apple firmware with Rockbox which means I have an 80GB player with infinite customisation! Foobar2000 is the best iTunes alternative if you just want to manage and synchronise your music with an iPod. Winamp for everything else

Comment

So it's not just me having probs with iTunes then?!

Everyone seems to use it but I could tell the first time I visited the site it was going to be rubbish, just something about the home page that gave me bad vibes.

Anyway never again. Cheers for the info of the other sites toastyman - I use my MP3 mostly though so will stick with Amazon and Play to download stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            it makes people more lazy the way they dont spell words correctly.

they use all this text language.
                            We even have an advert here about stupid people with Smartphones

Comment

Im back on my reverse parking been out to day was talking to a friend i aint seen and we both watched a driver try and get in a space fit enough to get a lorry in whats wrong with ppl go get ya test done again gosh 4 goes to get in a space realy gets up my nose ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rant over lol
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I do not like bad breath and B.O the latter when someone gets on bus and the you feel you have to have a gas mask on and even worse when the stench is coming from their clothes that have never seen a washing machine. Even if I has a date with Mel Gibson in his prime (Mad Max) in my dreams. I would make an escape. Just gross urgh. The former especially when they are standing close yuk.
                                Last edited by Beach Life; 04-01-2013, 01:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X