Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

Originally posted by Roz View Post
    NYE seems unpopular with everyone though and I'm not surprised. If you go out you get slobbered on, it's freezing, taxi fares go through the roof and often you're back in work two days later. Even if you stay in the telly is rubbish and you may get uninvited guests.

NYE and birthdays would definitely go in my room 101!
    Fortunately, I don't get uninvited guests. But what I hate about NYE is when staying in a part of you starts to wonder if you're missing something as you begin to imagine your friends, and the rest of the world for that matter, all going out and having a grand old time.

However, going out could be quite overrated too. One year I went to a bar that had advertised a New Year's Eve bash and was within walking distance from my house. It turned out to be a real swiz because after seeing a few people I knew from school and deciding that there was nobody there I really wanted to be with, I just had a beer and a sandwich and then went home around 9:00 or 9:30 PM.

Comment

Pushbutton toilets!
      Even when you've just had a wee, the small button never seems to provide an adequate flush, so you end up pushing the larger button anyway, totally defeating the theory behind it. Also, the buttons never seem to last very long - the number of times I've seen at least one of the buttons broken...
      You can't beat a good, solid handle!

Comment

very true.
        which irks me a bit.

and yes ive a push button one.
        and it has only one button.
        a silver one.

Originally posted by Tortie View Post
        Pushbutton toilets!
        Even when you've just had a wee, the small button never seems to provide an adequate flush, so you end up pushing the larger button anyway, totally defeating the theory behind it. Also, the buttons never seem to last very long - the number of times I've seen at least one of the buttons broken...
        You can't beat a good, solid handle!
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          very true.
          which irks me a bit.

and yes ive a push button one.
          and it has only one button.
          a silver one.
          Oh dear, lol... I hope for everyone's sake it's only the small button that's broken...

Comment

Public toilets in general are often minging.

The worst thing ever is when you go to use the door handle or flush the chain and either, or both, are sticky

That's happened to me a few times and it's not nice.

Comment

NOw your talking mate.

we had underground ones a long time back and to they smelt bad is an under statement.
              they had no ventilation.

Public toilets in general are often minging.

The worst thing ever is when you go to use the door handle or flush the chain and either, or both, are sticky

That's happened to me a few times and it's not nice.

Comment

Eeewww... I agree! I must admit that I tend to put a piece of toilet paper over my hand if they're minging like that!
                Oh, and of course, another pet hate is when there IS no toilet paper!!! Or handwash stuff...

Mind you, sometimes, those automatic flush ones catch you unawares... move at the wrong moment, activate the mechanism and you get splash-back...

Comment

I tend to use a bit of fancy footwork in public loos. Don't like touching any handles with my hands if I can help it.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

It's surprising how many people DON'T wash their hands after they've been to the loo - then they touch the door handle to get out...and goodness-knows what else... eeewwww!!!

Comment

What I really hate are people who back up the toilets in a public loo because they would never even think of doing that at home. And here's another one of my pet peeves about loos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2clMz3ftof0
                      Last edited by victorbrunswick; 22-03-2013, 16:04.

Comment

Anyone else (in UK) had a lot of snow today?

I was supposed to go to a party tonight but it's snowed all day and roads are really bad in many parts of the north west so had to cancel

Northern Ireland/Merseyside/Yorkshire seem to be worst affected.

It's nearly April for goodness sake!

Comment

yeah i did here in NI.

Another is getting junk mail.
                          its incredible just how much i get.

Anyone else (in UK) had a lot of snow today?

I was supposed to go to a party tonight but it's snowed all day and roads are really bad in many parts of the north west so had to cancel

Northern Ireland/Merseyside/Yorkshire seem to be worst affected.

It's nearly April for goodness sake!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            Another is getting junk mail.
                            its incredible just how much i get.
                            That's 90% of my mail.

Comment

Spammers Click image for larger version

Name:	5.gif
Views:	2
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	260330

Comment

The Spam I really hate is the ones you get on Craigslist. I occasionally sell there and every so often I would get what appears to be a response from a potential buyer asking me if the item is still for sale whch runs something like this:

Spammer: Is the item still for sale?
                                Me: Indeed it is.
                                Spammer: Well, don't sell it. I too was in the same boat as you are. I had to sell a few things on Craigslist to make ends meet until a friend told me about this wonderful business opportunity which I'd like to share with you...

What's really infuriating is the insultingly familiar tone of these messages.

Comment

Working...
                                X