Your very petty pet hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

and people always say female pensioners are all nice this proves they are not.
    it really gets on my nerves when i see this happen.
    ive seen them take advantage an unfair advantage because they are pensioners.

and they just the younger ones are the worst it shows some pensionerss are bad too.

Originally posted by Roz View Post
    You're right there Victor, it is the women who are the worst. About 3 months ago I was in my local supermarket and there were about 12 of us in the queue at a till, someone then opened another till and this woman, who looked to be late 60s, who had been at the back of the queue calmly walked right to the front without a backwards glance! None of us said anything, but the cashier at the till made a comment and this woman had the cheek to say she would report her!

I'm by no means an anti-pensioner type by the way, I admire that age group more than any - but I'm sick of being treated so rudely by some of them in queues!
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      and people always say female pensioners are all nice this proves they are not.
      it really gets on my nerves when i see this happen.
      ive seen them take advantage an unfair advantage because they are pensioners.

and they just the younger ones are the worst it shows some pensionerss are bad too.
      Yes, that's what bugs me -they often write letters to newspapers complaining about young people (rightly so in some cases) but there are a fair few who
      need to take a look at their own behaviour.

That said, the vast majority of pensioners I meet are a joy to be around, and I admire them as they didn't have the privileges we have now, and of course there are those who fought in the war who have my total respect.

I think someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, but young lads spitting on pavements is another thing I hate. I've gone to put my bag down to
      grab my phone or purse only to see a horrible mount of spit where I was about to put it. Not nice

Comment

ppl stopping in iles while shopping and talk to there neighbours
        can not stand big brother ( now tony as gone for a poo) ggggrrrrr why ????
        ppl who carnt park they park on the white line and it always happens when theres no spaces left just the one next too the one tha carnt park and i carnt get out off my car have get out passenger side
        facebook
        the list can go on but some off you guys might do the things so not going upset you lol
        AND now the x factor spose be singing contest watched it for years then this year 1st live show rylan got saved so dont watch now wha a fix
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Pet hates of mine are:- people blocking other peoples driveways. Sorry to big vans now - but I cannot stand when they park in front of my house and all I look at is a monstrosity with writting all over it and I feel like i'm in prison in my own house as it blocks out the light. Wish they could have their own private car park.

Chatty till operators in supermarkets (when there is a massive cue) and they are chatting away (not to me) as if they have all the time in the world and hearing all the people tut tutting. People that wait until the end and then suddenly pack their shopping very slooooooooooooowly.

With that of my chest I feel a bit better now..............lol

Comment

Another pet hate is bad manners - e.g when you hold a heavy door for someone you don't even get a thank you, it makes you feel like why do I bother, wanting to cross the road at the lights and a car suddenly stops and blocks your path, people (usually pensioners that push in front of you). Hyperactive toddlers who scream/cry outdoors and the parents do nothing and this goes on for hours. Barking dogs non stop.

My mum actually said to me I should go and live on an island. Well mum I wish I could for some peace now and then..............I am by no means perfect but I am non of the above traits!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
              Facebook is the most pointless thing ever. If I want to be your friend, I'll stay in contact with you. That's how it works. Whenever I see someone I went to school with and they ask if I have a Facebook I feel like telling them to do one. I didn't really like you then, I probably don't like you now. I have no desire to look at drunken photos of you doing duckface, your kids or animals or posts of you complaining in a passive aggressive manner. Absolutely pointless.

I am starting to feel the same about Twitter too. It's a useful tool for mass messaging thoughts but all people seem to do is talk about bloody reality tv and tell me what their eating.

When Tim Berners-Lee invented the internet as we know it, I bet he thought it'd take great strides forward as humanity became more connected and kick start the digital age. What we actually did was race forward a bit, then decide we should be cataloguing everything we ever do onto social media.

It really does make me wonder what would happen if the humanity got wiped back to nothing and had to start over again. What would they do with all these bricks that appear to do nothing? I'd be pretty annoyed myself if these wondrous cubes full of secrets that humanity managed to crack open after hundreds or maybe thousands of years only to find that all the information that resided in them was pictures of what people had for dinner and arguments over religion.

I have to say though, if they discovered some language now from the olden times and spent forever decoding it only to find it read something like "I had chicken and chips for dinner, it was nice." I'd laugh so hard.
              I totally agree with what you are saying! Re Facebook I only use it to support "pages" or interests that I like (one of them DYR!!!) I am not keen on (to put it midly) Facebook "friends" or their "interesting" photos or stories (yawn) as I know people I went to school with have these "friends" who they were bullied by or didn't like and they are probably too scared to say no to being "friends" with them. I had to laugh when one person I went to school with asked me if I would go to their school reunion. My answer was - you have got to be kidding!!! I hated school cos I was bullied and came from a nice, loving family and was too nice for my own good. Couldn't wait for the weekend until the dreaded Sunday night feeling. Things were much better when I left school.
              Last edited by Beach Life; 18-11-2012, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
                People talking in the cinema. I can't understand why you would pay money (not cheap at that) to watch a film, only to then chat through it. The odd whisper or remark is fine, but when you have a group of people giving a running commentary on everything that happens, really gets my goat that.
                Hahaha I agree with that! My mum remembers when she first when to see a film (in some building) in the 1960's just as the film was starting all the people started opening their crisps and munching their popcorn obviously the main noise was food crunching/rustling bags. This true story still makes me laugh today.

Comment

so true about the holding open doors thing.
                  i do this quite regular without thinking and i very rarely get a thank you.
                  and i also agree with u on noisy kids screaming in shops as welll as outside.
                  arent i glad i had no kds.

when im in a shop and i toddlers scream the noise ges through me and i say cant u quiten them not literally but came close a few times.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
                  Another pet hate is bad manners - e.g when you hold a heavy door for someone you don't even get a thank you, it makes you feel like why do I bother, wanting to cross the road at the lights and a car suddenly stops and blocks your path, people (usually pensioners that push in front of you). Hyperactive toddlers who scream/cry outdoors and the parents do nothing and this goes on for hours. Barking dogs non stop.

My mum actually said to me I should go and live on an island. Well mum I wish I could for some peace now and then..............I am by no means perfect but I am non of the above traits!

Comment

Yes, count me in as a Facebook hater too!

I'm constantly being hounded to join it by friends and family but I have no desire to at all. I have some friends who spend several hours a day on it, they are obsessed and can't seem to cope without it!

Also agree about screaming kids and barking dogs. Why do people buy dogs only to leave them on their own for most of the day? It's cruel to the dog and unfair on neighbours who have to listen to the poor thing crying and barking all day. If you want a pet that doesn't mind being on its own (at least for a few hours) buy a cat.

Comment

the amount of dogs i see just left on there own no food etc for days sometimes is terrible. one person in particular does this.
                      even though im on F B im not really a lover of it.
                      only on it to keep in contact with one person only way we can be in contact otherwise id delete my account.
                      anothger thing is getting all these friend requests on it majority will never be friends.

not a lover of any social networking site better talking on te phone..

Originally posted by Roz View Post
                      Yes, count me in as a Facebook hater too!

I'm constantly being hounded to join it by friends and family but I have no desire to at all. I have some friends who spend several hours a day on it, they are obsessed and can't seem to cope without it!

Also agree about screaming kids and barking dogs. Why do people buy dogs only to leave them on their own for most of the day? It's cruel to the dog and unfair on neighbours who have to listen to the poor thing crying and barking all day. If you want a pet that doesn't mind being on its own (at least for a few hours) buy a cat.

Comment

It's nice to know there are other people that get cross with toddlers (glad I never had kids), barking dogs (our next door neighbours' dog that a friend dubbed a rat on a lead) never gets taken out for walks, gets left inside for hours (you can still hear it though ), on extreme times barks outside for a few hours (only tolerable if you are a bit deaf - no offence to deaf people). Horrible thoughtless, noisy people with equally horrible friends who spend hours in the garden (in summer) boozing, music and noise and kids up till till late (of course dog inside). They have no respect for us and we don't respect them. The fella is so loud when he hear him over fence talks (booming voice). The kids I have heard saying kill kill, hitting each other and finding it funny (one of them screaming the place down) and the couple arguing about money.

Comment

i know we had neighbours who had two labradors and they ran up and down the stairs all day and night and to make it worse the neighbours played very loud music all day and night.
                          the dogs hardly ever got out.

put my head crackers.
                          anytime i hear toddlers i just walk the other way or im likely to say something to the parents.

the noise just goes through me.

It's nice to know there are other people that get cross with toddlers (glad I never had kids), barking dogs (our next door neighbours' dog that a friend dubbed a rat on a lead) never gets taken out for walks, gets left inside for hours (you can still hear it though ), on extreme times barks outside for a few hours (only tolerable if you are a bit deaf - no offence to deaf people). Horrible thoughtless, noisy people with equally horrible friends who spend hours in the garden (in summer) boozing, music and noise and kids up till till late (of course dog inside). They have no respect for us and we don't respect them. The fella is so loud when he hear him over fence talks (booming voice). The kids I have heard saying kill kill, hitting each other and finding it funny (one of them screaming the place down) and the couple arguing about money.

Comment

I feel the same way about kids, I don't have any and have no desire to have any - although I do quite like them in small doses. I have a friend who had four kids in six years and although they are lovely kids, she is constantly worn out and her marriage is suffering. Her life just revolves around her kids 24/7, I really couldn't deal with that. Maybe it's just as well some of us don't breed though, the world is overcrowded enough!

Like yourself and Darren I have a problem with noise in general. Some people are really inconsiderate, and if it's a neighbour you can't really escape from it can you?

Comment

yeah roz i can only stick kids when they are quiet once they get noisy i have to get away a s a p.

i juist dont like noise especially when i cant get away from it.
                              but its only the noise kids although toddlers cant help it and some grown ups make like loud music shouting etc.
                              an odd bit is ok say a party once a week but when its every night then i stick my fingers in my ears etc.

some may say we are grumps but not really its just good manners being considerate to keep the noise down at night from say 10 at night.

talking of chatty till workers i encountered one yesterday i let her off as she was nice.
                              but i have encountered it many times when in a long queue when the till worker talks and talks to someone she knows.

another one i came across yesterday for the first time was when in the gents loo's i saw a fella standing in the cubicle which had a door having a leak without the door closed and the door worked thankfully he had his back to me.

oh and people not flushing loo then u go to use it.

Comment

I thought today would be a good day - no rain and sun was out. As I got onto bus it was chocka block full of pensioners. When some shortly got off I wanted to get a seat next to my mum. Thought I did well until a man with a stick miraculously moved from his seat next to me and poor old mum had to move near end of bus and had to endure for the entire journey the old biddies talking loudly non stop with voices like old crows and I had to endure being squashed by the hefty old boy and a chinese woman talking loudly on her mobile.

Never mind I thought when we go for lunch at the Chinese Buffett we will have peace - alas no. We had a table to ourselves but we had very booming voiced neighbours (oblivious to our glares) who I thought would shut up when eating (no chance). Was glad to come home and had a paracetamol

Want to run away to an island (even Lanzarote would do )
                                Last edited by Beach Life; 23-11-2012, 19:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X