Your very petty pet hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

This weird weather we're having here in the UK.

I've never known it to be so mild in January.....ever! It's so damp and dark, I'd much rather have a cold, crisp, sunny day.

Everyone I know seems to have a virus of some sort and I'm sure the weather isn't helping. Don't get me wrong I hate extreme cold, but I mean 14 degrees in early January? It's not right is it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
      I do not like bad breath and B.O the latter when someone gets on bus and the you feel you have to have a gas mask on and even worse when the stench is coming from their clothes that have never seen a washing machine. Even if I has a date with Mel Gibson in his prime (Mad Max) in my dreams. I would make an escape. Just gross urgh. The former especially when they are standing close yuk.
      Agreed. Can be especially bad come wintertime or a cold snap when old men haul out coats that haven't been washed in 20 years. Also common for male teens to let off a stink although sometimes they don't know any better because nobody has yet had a word. Any older and there is no excuse. I once dated a guy who didn't use deodorant despite his family forever buying him it as presents (hint) and me subtly commenting on how nice it smells. In the end I just told him he stunk and needed to wear it. I don't know how they can't tell themselves! He was convinced he didn't smell.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        Agreed. Can be especially bad come wintertime or a cold snap when old men haul out coats that haven't been washed in 20 years. Also common for male teens to let off a stink although sometimes they don't know any better because nobody has yet had a word. Any older and there is no excuse. I once dated a guy who didn't use deodorant despite his family forever buying him it as presents (hint) and me subtly commenting on how nice it smells. In the end I just told him he stunk and needed to wear it. I don't know how they can't tell themselves! He was convinced he didn't smell.
        Sad to say, they become acclimated to their own stench.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
          Sad to say, they become acclimated to their own stench.
          Sad but true

I once worked in a Hospital and the "culprint" would come into the office (for ages) to sort out files. One by one each of us made an escape. On our return the office was empty but if a new person came in they straight away recognised who had visited us.

Also in shops when the assistants or manager smells of BO or BB I just cannot stay in the shop. What a great image of the company they present. On day trips on buses I carry a fragrance to make the trip a bit more bearable as I seem to get the BO's sitting nearby

Perhaps in the workplace to stop people feeling ill, a competition could help........A fabulous prize for the person wearing the sexiest deodrant/fragrance...everybody must apply or be penalized.
          Last edited by Beach Life; 04-01-2013, 10:23.

Comment

Simon Cowell - especially at this time of year with his yearly hols to Barbados and those blimin photos on that jet ski and his latest squeeze, Cheryl Cole she cannot sing and other so called singers who earn more/have more publicity than actual real singers (Like that retro Kit Kat ad where the agent says - You can't sing, you can't play - you will go a long way. Lorraine Kelly, reality people who think they are celebrities, that First Choice ad where that annoying family (especially dad) I want to shot the tv when they come on and cocky and arrogant people. Noisy and naughty toddlers/children I have no patience for. Botox and facelifts where some just look odd (except Sharon Osborne) what happened to the natural look. They even start in their 20's! That's it rant over!
            Last edited by Beach Life; 06-01-2013, 02:37.

Comment

People who write "could of" instead of "could have".

Comment

Your being used instead of you're and how everything in the media is now 'ahead of' instead of before.
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

When people asking for something in a shop/pub/cafe etc, say "can I get a" instead of asking "can I have a" ........I feel like telling them that they're not in the USA ya'know!!!

Comment

Speedbumps

Hate these damn things so much that for the first time ever I rang my council to complain about ones in a nearby street that are much too high in my opinion.

They sent someone out to measure them and rang back saying that they were 'regulation height' so they couldn't do anything about them. To cut a long story short after several other complaints they are now 'looking at the situation again'. I won't hold my breath

Comment

Just watch the UK come to a standstill today (Friday) with the snow

I've been to America and Canada and they cope with 10 foot snowdrifts, but here, even a light covering of snow means buses and trains are cancelled and schools closed down. My friend even got a text today from her son's school saying that they 'may' be shut but they can't tell her for sure until Friday morning. She's in a panic as she can't find anyone to mind him at such short notice if they do close for the day as she works. I don't ever remember being off school because of snow. Sent home early maybe but not off altogether.

Comment

i agree regarding the snow how it can close schools shocks me.
                        ok maybe if its a remote area of the country then fair enough.

i just think we panic too much.
                        if the roads are very icy then i can understand.

Originally posted by Roz View Post
                        Just watch the UK come to a standstill today (Friday) with the snow

I've been to America and Canada and they cope with 10 foot snowdrifts, but here, even a light covering of snow means buses and trains are cancelled and schools closed down. My friend even got a text today from her son's school saying that they 'may' be shut but they can't tell her for sure until Friday morning. She's in a panic as she can't find anyone to mind him at such short notice if they do close for the day as she works. I don't ever remember being off school because of snow. Sent home early maybe but not off altogether.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The UK is a joke when it comes to 'problems' concerning the weather. For a developed country we are terrible at adapting to it. I think most people see the inclement weather as an excuse to be lazy. Not once did I see any problems on mainland Europe when I have been over there in cold or wet weather. I worked in Wisconsin USA in the winter season, the only place where I've been where 2 or more foot of snow is seen as a minor inconvenience. Nothing ever closed. why should it? It was only weather.

Comment

Have to admit I quite like the chaos snow causes. It provides an excuse to break routine and I enjoy watching everybody flail and get hysterical. What I don't like is the news and how an icing sugar dusting becomes national headlines with the usual doom-laden tones of disaster that the our media love so much.
                            Last edited by Trickyvee; 18-01-2013, 07:25.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

I can never remember any of my schools closing due to snow ......... having said that the attendance levels at my middle and upper schools when it snowed would have looked like the school was closed as we always got 'sidetracked' on the way in and would end up sledging/snowballing in the park

these days they close for 'Health and Safety' reasons
                              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                The UK is a joke when it comes to 'problems' concerning the weather. For a developed country we are terrible at adapting to it. I think most people see the inclement weather as an excuse to be lazy. Not once did I see any problems on mainland Europe when I have been over there in cold or wet weather. I worked in Wisconsin USA in the winter season, the only place where I've been where 2 or more foot of snow is seen as a minor inconvenience. Nothing ever closed. why should it? It was only weather.
                                Even though where I am we don't get snow except in the mountains, Californians are total and complete wimps when it comes to the weather. I used to sell at the local flea market and if it was too hot or too cold (about 60 degrees Fahrenheit) it was total death because nothing less than perfect picture postcard weather will get people out of the house around here. And don't get me going about rain. I swear, people here act like they've never seen such a thing before -- especially on the road -- and the local media goes apes**t with "STORM WATCH 2013: FULL TEAM COVERAGE!!!!" as if it were rioting or an earthquake. While fortunately inclement weather doesn't shut things down here, give it a few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X