Mintolas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mintolas

Another 'to die for' confection of the 70s and 80s had to be Mintola (by Mackintosh). These were mint fondant-filled dark chocolates (bit like After Eights, but more like Pyramints) shaped as little cubes and came in a roll with a dark-green colored wrapper. There was a similar candy called Munchems or Munchies from the same manufacturer and these came in a red-coloured wrapper but were milk cholocate cubes with creamy caramel inside surrounding a satisfying little biscuit. Mintolas were my favorite of the two, but after eating a pack of them, they would make me as thirsty as can be! And boy were they expensive compared to most other chocolate bars!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Mintola

advert 70's
    Attached Files
    Heather

Comment

Re: Mintolas

I remember these & Munchies (like Dean Friedman, the marketing dept of Rowntrees were behind on drug slang!) were 30p in the mid to late 1980s, which seemed a lot when my Mum only used to give me 10p for sweets.

The Regent cinema in Marple used to have a lot of them, along with the 250ml juice carton sized boxes of Fruit Gums & Smarties I've never seen on sale anywhere else.

I have a Konica Minolta digital camera, & my Mum was amused when I accidentially called it a Konica Mintola.

She doesn't have much to complain about, after she once got tounge tied asking for a sparking white wine & orange juice cocktail. My & my brother laughed like drains.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: Mintola

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post

advert 70's
        you can stil get them buy they are called Mint Munchies or something. Had some a couple of weeks ago. Lovely!
        ...chilli...

Comment

bloomin lovely man do i so remember them.

Will never understand why there name was changed to after eight.
          In fact thought these where nicer..

When i think of mintola i think of munchies both where delicious.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Loved Mintolas & Munchies but I don't think they taste the same any more.

Comment

Sadly theyre two of many things that dont taste as good now as they once did.

They must change ingredients etc.

Originally posted by jonn View Post
              loved mintolas & munchies but i don't think they taste the same any more.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
              X