Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todays Posts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Todays Posts

    Is there any chance of extending it to maybe posts in the last 3 days or 72 hours?

    My reasoning for that is that some threads seem to die off due to lack of responses, mainly I'm assuming because there is quite a bit of content on the site and I personaly just tend to look at todays posts when I first log on.
    It's only if I've got time to browse the subject forums ie, 'people', 'songs' etc, that I might pick up on a thread that I would have responded to earlier and maybe keeping the thread live. At times there are not an abundance of posters, the todays posts page sometimes contains maybe just 5 or 6 posts allowing threads to die off.

    This is just my personal opinion but I do think it would get more people posting regularly rather than occassionaly.

  • #2
    Re: Todays Posts

    If you click on 'whats new' rather than today's posts that brings a list of every thread thats been added to since you last logged on.
    Does that help?
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Todays Posts

      Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
      If you click on 'whats new' rather than today's posts that brings a list of every thread thats been added to since you last logged on.
      Does that help?
      Ah! right Heather, thanks for that, didn't realize

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Todays Posts

        One problem I've noticed is if you accedently close a window with DYR & go onto the site again all the "since you last logged on" information will be lost.
        The Trickster On The Roof

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Todays Posts

          ive been making that mkistake since the day i joined up.


          to be honest i thought they both the same thing.

          thanks anyway.




          Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
          If you click on 'whats new' rather than today's posts that brings a list of every thread thats been added to since you last logged on.
          Does that help?
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Todays Posts

            To be honest I didn't know there was a difference either. Ive always gone to 'today's posts' but now, just having had a go at clicking 'today's posts' it is defaulting to 'what's new'. Is there a bug?
            1976 Vintage

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Todays Posts

              Ummmm, I'm still not convinced to be honest . Both pages 'whats new' and 'todays posts' contain the same 10 topics.

              My point was that I would have thought it would have been more convenient and easier to keep up with different threads if say the last 3 days posts were displayed?. That's only my personal opinion and other posters may feel differently...........thanks anyway

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Todays Posts

                Today's Posts will bring back all posts in the last 24 hours from when you log in so if you last logged in 24 hours ago Today's Posts and whats new should be the same, however if you choose What's New and your last login is more than 24 hours it will return all new posts since your last visit. Also if you log in more than once a day selecting What's New will just bring back the new posts since your last visit and not all the posts within the last 24 hours. I use What's New all the time and having checked both Today's Posts and What's New are working as expected for me.
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Todays Posts

                  Originally posted by themilkman View Post
                  Ummmm, I'm still not convinced to be honest . Both pages 'whats new' and 'todays posts' contain the same 10 topics.

                  My point was that I would have thought it would have been more convenient and easier to keep up with different threads if say the last 3 days posts were displayed?. That's only my personal opinion and other posters may feel differently...........thanks anyway

                  You can use the Advanced Search facility to search for posts in the last week, 2 weeks, month etc
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Todays Posts

                    Originally posted by HG View Post
                    You can use the Advanced Search facility to search for posts in the last week, 2 weeks, month etc
                    Appreciate your reply and advice HG, have just done an advanced search for 'posts in the last 3 days' and got 10 varying topics spaced over the last few years, nothing specific .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Todays Posts

                      If you leave the boxes blank and go to Additional Options there is Find Posts with a dropdown list stating Any Date, clcik on the list and gives you various date options to search by (although 3 days isn't one)...
                      The only thing to look forward to is the past

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Todays Posts

                        Originally posted by HG View Post
                        If you leave the boxes blank and go to Additional Options there is Find Posts with a dropdown list stating Any Date, clcik on the list and gives you various date options to search by (although 3 days isn't one)...
                        Ok, thanks HG.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Todays Posts

                          Originally posted by HG View Post
                          If you leave the boxes blank and go to Additional Options there is Find Posts with a dropdown list stating Any Date, clcik on the list and gives you various date options to search by (although 3 days isn't one)...
                          I have just done that HG but tbh it's rather an awkward way to find older posts, particularly if you're a new poster amd haven't been told how to navigate.

                          My whole point was that considering most posters who contribute tend to sign in between every 2/3 days, the 'live' posts should be visible for that amount of time so threads have longer to survive.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Todays Posts

                            As we've said clicking on What's New displays everything since you last signed in, I was on holiday the week before last for a week and when I signed in I got a weeks worth of posts...
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Todays Posts

                              Originally posted by HG View Post
                              As we've said clicking on What's New displays everything since you last signed in, I was on holiday the week before last for a week and when I signed in I got a weeks worth of posts...
                              We'll agree to disagree then , I've found it to be different, but it's your forum and I was just 'suggesting' an easier (and more simplified) way. I'll say no more.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X