• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zabadak
    replied
    Re: Spammers

I found a shed-load more today but now I get a message saying:

zabadak, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

:-(

Leave a comment:

• HG
    replied

Dealt with, thanks for the reported posts

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

We are now getting spammed to hell and back!

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Strange i was thinking just that too.
    Spam hasnt been to bad lately.

Wasnt bad christmas past compared to the previous two.

Originally posted by 80schav View Post
    hi hg, heather,
    it looks like that possibly another spammer has possibly signed up with the name of susannamon and a link to her homepage in her very first post in the "introduce yourself category

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

If you see anything you are not sure of please report it, that way we get an email alert and will check it out, no matter how unsure you are hit report anyway its completely confidential and the reported member is never made aware their post has been flagged.

Leave a comment:

• Jay Mc
    replied

Originally posted by angliaknight View Post
    I've seen some of these posts re' streaming of games, one question what would happen if i clicked on one, i never have , just curious.
    Well basically you will open a vortex to another dimension allowing all manner of aliens to come into this world laying waste to all civilization as we know !!!!!!!

or you will end up on a dodgy website that will cause you to get all horrible viruses on your PC

I dare you ....................

Leave a comment:

• angliaknight
    replied

I've seen some of these posts re' streaming of games, one question what would happen if i clicked on one, i never have , just curious.

Leave a comment:

• HG
    replied

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    Hi HG, Heather,
    It looks like that possibly another spammer has possibly signed up with the name of SusannaMon and a link to her homepage in her very first post in the "Introduce Yourself category
    Thanks, she's been zapped!

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    Hi HG, Heather,
    It looks like that possibly another spammer has possibly signed up with the name of SusannaMon and a link to her homepage in her very first post in the "Introduce Yourself category
    When new members have a link I am always suspicious and do not click on just in case

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Hi HG, Heather,
    Last edited by 80sChav; 27-01-2016, 23:17.

Leave a comment:

• Elbmek
    replied

normally no, but at the most less than a day. Most of my members are same time zone as me, so they sleep too. I have members in Australia, USA, Canada, Portugal, and other 'far' flung time zones. But they are happy with the status quo. Depends on whether you like getting spammed or not?

Leave a comment:

• I. R. Fincham
    replied

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
    It not that hard and its a private former Army member site. I get the 'form' via email, so do not have to check daily. It takes me a couple of minutes to create the account and make it 'live'.
    I presume you don't sit awake by your computer 24/7 waiting for registrations. Presumably some must arrive while you're doing other things, such as sleeping. So some people have to wait hours for approval, right?
    Last edited by I. R. Fincham; 12-03-2015, 05:06.

Leave a comment:

• Elbmek
    replied

Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
    So you mean that you personally must approve every registration before the new member is allowed to post?

Yes, that certainly prevents spam. But having to wait for approval is always a bummer. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.386
    It not that hard and its a private former Army member site. I get the 'form' via email, so do not have to check daily. It takes me a couple of minutes to create the account and make it 'live'.

A friend of mine in Manchester had a football forum, it got attacked by spammers and it was so bad he spent hours/days eradicating the offenders. He shut the forum whilst cleaning it out.

I saw another attacked to a lesser extent but the owner/admin had a hell of a job. He reverted to admin authorisation in an effort to control it; even that was only partially successful.

My method may sound 'time consuming' but not time consuming at all and certainly not as time consuming as eradicating an attack. As I said, NOT one single spammer have I had, ever.

Leave a comment:

• I. R. Fincham
    replied

So you mean that you personally must approve every registration before the new member is allowed to post?

Yes, that certainly prevents spam. But having to wait for approval is always a bummer. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.386

Leave a comment:

• Elbmek
    replied

Originally posted by darren View Post
    when u say a form do you mean an actual form on paper mate.
    if so i could not do it.

we dont get much spam here tho compared to some sites im on.
    No, its online and auto sends to me on completion

Leave a comment:

Working...
X