• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your favorite 80's band?

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
    Ooh Teejay. Not touching this one.

Must... Bite... TONGUE!

Good grief. How did I not see the truth? Got Faith completely wrong!

Good idea Derek,cos you will have 2 of us to deal with lol

tulip

Comment

Is he wearing a string vest?

Ah help someone! The bouffant hair is coming to get me.

But it's okay. Club Tropicana drinks are free. And apparently there are enough for everyone.

Deeeep.

Comment

And in those days he probably used gents toilets for p***ing in.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Oh SNAP!

Doing the Porcelain Pokemon...

Comment

Favourite Band Of The 80's Would Probably Be Madness Great Band Always Having Fun.....

Comment

Tears for Fears
              Saw them 3 times..in 1983 for the Hurting Tour, in 1990 The Seed of Love Tour and 2005 for a tour that is best forgotten!
              IMHO "The Hurting" is one of the best debut albums ever
              I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

As much as I love cheesy 80's pop music my all time favourite band of the 80's is THE SMITHS!.
                I was obsessed with Morrissey when I was in my teens and thought he was fantastic. His lyrics are diverse and Johnny Marr's music is the perfect soundtrack to those lyrics.
                Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Hello all?

What is the carp thing on this thread? I'm confused? Is it a clever reference to AFOS.....? (I can't think of any other fishy type eighties groups apart from of course, Fish!!!.... is that a challenge?, are there any others?)

My vote is for Japan or Soft Cell! .... Ghosts, Gentlemen Take Polaroids, Quiet Life..... Forbidden Colours.....
                  .... and then there is Marc and Say Hello......guyliner before it became known as that! It was cooler then anyway!

Dont even get me on Soft Cell's Soul Inside....... best I'm having a breakdown song ever made in the whole world ever!!!

Kevin xx

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mattingley View Post
                    Hello all?

What is the carp thing on this thread? I'm confused? Is it a clever reference to AFOS.....? (I can't think of any other fishy type eighties groups apart from of course, Fish!!!.... is that a challenge?, are there any others?)
                    Flock of Seagulls might have eaten a few fish....Same as Seal

There was a 70's group called "Hot Tuna"
                    And from the 80's......"RAY" Parker Junior
                    I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                      As much as I love cheesy 80's pop music my all time favourite band of the 80's is THE SMITHS!.
                      I was obsessed with Morrissey when I was in my teens and thought he was fantastic. His lyrics are diverse and Johnny Marr's music is the perfect soundtrack to those lyrics.
                      Well said mate. You truely recognise class !
                      Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Favorite band has got to be yazoo, was lucky enough to see them in concert at Hammersmith London last june, they were superb

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
                          Well said mate. You truely recognise class !
                          Cheers mate! Not everyone would agree with you like! My Mum used to think it was just a 'strange' phase I was going through! Still like Morrissey's solo stuff but I think he lost it after 'you are the quarry' personally.
                          'The death of a disco dancer' is one of the best songs I have ever heard and 'there is a light that never goes out' is one a song that always puts a smile on my face!

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                            Cheers mate! Not everyone would agree with you like! My Mum used to think it was just a 'strange' phase I was going through! Still like Morrissey's solo stuff but I think he lost it after 'you are the quarry' personally.
                            'The death of a disco dancer' is one of the best songs I have ever heard and 'there is a light that never goes out' is one a song that always puts a smile on my face!
                            Great songs you mentioned. I also really like Still Ill, Paint A Vulgar Picture and Barbarism Begins At Home. Johnny Marr is brilliant on all three of them and some great lyrics.

I know what you mean about Morrissey's stuff deteriorating after Quarry - I much preferred the stuff he did not long after The Smiths broke up back in the 80's.

What I really regret is never getting the chance to see them live - I've got a mate who has seen them live 3 times and I am so envious. But, with things how they are and the way the group split it seems unlikely they will ever reform, even just for a one-off gig. As Morrissey famously said when asked how he felt about a Smith's reunion - quote, "I'd rather eat my own testicles."

Hmm!
                            Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

I saw the Smiths back in '84, although I liked them at the time, I was disapointed with them.
                              Still listen to the albums, but never really got on with Moz solo (although Quarry was great)

Comment

Morrisseys earlier solo stuff is faultless. I think he tried to move into other music styles and it just didn't work for him. 'Vauxhall and I' and 'Maladjusted' are fabulous albums and his first solo album (Viva Hate) is a masterpiece in my opinion. He has however managed to span the decades which has only been accomplished by the few really talented performers.
                                I must say though The Smiths will always be my favourite band of the 80's and they are a band that are often copied but NEVER equaled! There is only one Morrissey/Marr writing duo!

Comment

Working...
                                X