Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Skids

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Skids

    Just been reminded of a long forgotten band from the 70s called the skids whilst watching freeview 78, who remembers "into the valley" and "working for the yankee dollar"?....The band was formed by Stuart adamson and Richard jobson and enjoyed moderate success at the end of the 70s period...kinda post punk, great music
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  • #2
    I wouldn't like to think of The Skids as being a long forgotten band tex.
    Albert Tatlock ring any bells?
    I vaguely remember nearly being shown the door at a night club in Stockton-on- Tees for doing my Jobson style kick dancing....think it might have been Peppermint Park.
    Never was one to get into the dancing around hand bags scene.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
      I wouldn't like to think of The Skids as being a long forgotten band tex.
      Albert Tatlock ring any bells?
      I vaguely remember nearly being shown the door at a night club in Stockton-on- Tees for doing my Jobson style kick dancing....think it might have been Peppermint Park.
      Never was one to get into the dancing around hand bags scene.
      Really?...As much as i liked the Skids they were a flash in the pan kinda band...
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

      Comment


      • #4
        Into the valley...

        Does anyone remember that Maxell tape advert which contained that song on it? (No, I am not confusing it with that Desmond Dekker song, either...)

        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tex View Post

          Really?...As much as i liked the Skids they were a flash in the pan kinda band...
          Nothing wrong with being a bit flash in the pan...a couple of singles, good fun, no more no less.
          Take it or leave it!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            Into the valley...

            Does anyone remember that Maxell tape advert which contained that song on it? (No, I am not confusing it with that Desmond Dekker song, either...)
            Sorry George, I don't

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post

              Sorry George, I don't
              I do.

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gib916jJW1o

              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

              Comment


              • #8
                Superb!
                I still don't remember that but I'm glad you posted the link.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post

                  Nothing wrong with being a bit flash in the pan...a couple of singles, good fun, no more no less.
                  Take it or leave it!
                  Sorry Tex.... reading my own post again it could come across as being a bit abrupt. It wasn't intended to be.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post

                    Sorry Tex.... reading my own post again it could come across as being a bit abrupt. It wasn't intended to be.
                    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
                      Superb!
                      I still don't remember that but I'm glad you posted the link.
                      I agree with you. The link perfectly demonstrates the creativity of this group.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
                        Superb!
                        I still don't remember that but I'm glad you posted the link.
                        They also did an advert with that Desmond Dekker song reworded as: "me ears are alight" - not to be confused with those 1990s Kraft Vitalite adverts based on the same song of course...
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X