Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Skids

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • George 1978
    replied
    Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
    Superb!
    I still don't remember that but I'm glad you posted the link.
    They also did an advert with that Desmond Dekker song reworded as: "me ears are alight" - not to be confused with those 1990s Kraft Vitalite adverts based on the same song of course...

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyLeslie
    replied
    Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
    Superb!
    I still don't remember that but I'm glad you posted the link.
    I agree with you. The link perfectly demonstrates the creativity of this group.

    Leave a comment:


  • tex
    replied
    Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post

    Sorry Tex.... reading my own post again it could come across as being a bit abrupt. It wasn't intended to be.

    Leave a comment:


  • W1 Rover
    replied
    Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post

    Nothing wrong with being a bit flash in the pan...a couple of singles, good fun, no more no less.
    Take it or leave it!
    Sorry Tex.... reading my own post again it could come across as being a bit abrupt. It wasn't intended to be.

    Leave a comment:


  • W1 Rover
    replied
    Superb!
    I still don't remember that but I'm glad you posted the link.

    Leave a comment:


  • George 1978
    replied
    Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post

    Sorry George, I don't
    I do.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gib916jJW1o

    Leave a comment:


  • W1 Rover
    replied
    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Into the valley...

    Does anyone remember that Maxell tape advert which contained that song on it? (No, I am not confusing it with that Desmond Dekker song, either...)
    Sorry George, I don't

    Leave a comment:


  • W1 Rover
    replied
    Originally posted by tex View Post

    Really?...As much as i liked the Skids they were a flash in the pan kinda band...
    Nothing wrong with being a bit flash in the pan...a couple of singles, good fun, no more no less.
    Take it or leave it!

    Leave a comment:


  • George 1978
    replied
    Into the valley...

    Does anyone remember that Maxell tape advert which contained that song on it? (No, I am not confusing it with that Desmond Dekker song, either...)

    Leave a comment:


  • tex
    replied
    Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
    I wouldn't like to think of The Skids as being a long forgotten band tex.
    Albert Tatlock ring any bells?
    I vaguely remember nearly being shown the door at a night club in Stockton-on- Tees for doing my Jobson style kick dancing....think it might have been Peppermint Park.
    Never was one to get into the dancing around hand bags scene.
    Really?...As much as i liked the Skids they were a flash in the pan kinda band...

    Leave a comment:


  • W1 Rover
    replied
    I wouldn't like to think of The Skids as being a long forgotten band tex.
    Albert Tatlock ring any bells?
    I vaguely remember nearly being shown the door at a night club in Stockton-on- Tees for doing my Jobson style kick dancing....think it might have been Peppermint Park.
    Never was one to get into the dancing around hand bags scene.

    Leave a comment:


  • tex
    started a topic The Skids

    The Skids

    Just been reminded of a long forgotten band from the 70s called the skids whilst watching freeview 78, who remembers "into the valley" and "working for the yankee dollar"?....The band was formed by Stuart adamson and Richard jobson and enjoyed moderate success at the end of the 70s period...kinda post punk, great music
Working...
X