Originally posted by W1 Rover
View Post
Ad_Forums-Top
Collapse
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The Skids
Collapse
X
-
They also did an advert with that Desmond Dekker song reworded as: "me ears are alight" - not to be confused with those 1990s Kraft Vitalite adverts based on the same song of course...
-
I agree with you. The link perfectly demonstrates the creativity of this group.Originally posted by W1 Rover View PostSuperb!
I still don't remember that but I'm glad you posted the link.
Leave a comment:
-
Sorry Tex.... reading my own post again it could come across as being a bit abrupt. It wasn't intended to be.Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
Nothing wrong with being a bit flash in the pan...a couple of singles, good fun, no more no less.
Take it or leave it!
Leave a comment:
-
Superb!
I still don't remember that but I'm glad you posted the link.
Leave a comment:
-
I do.Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
Sorry George, I don't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gib916jJW1o
Leave a comment:
-
Into the valley...
Does anyone remember that Maxell tape advert which contained that song on it? (No, I am not confusing it with that Desmond Dekker song, either...)
Leave a comment:
-
Really?...As much as i liked the Skids they were a flash in the pan kinda band...Originally posted by W1 Rover View PostI wouldn't like to think of The Skids as being a long forgotten band tex.
Albert Tatlock ring any bells?
I vaguely remember nearly being shown the door at a night club in Stockton-on- Tees for doing my Jobson style kick dancing....think it might have been Peppermint Park.
Never was one to get into the dancing around hand bags scene.
Leave a comment:
-
I wouldn't like to think of The Skids as being a long forgotten band tex.
Albert Tatlock ring any bells?
I vaguely remember nearly being shown the door at a night club in Stockton-on- Tees for doing my Jobson style kick dancing....think it might have been Peppermint Park.
Never was one to get into the dancing around hand bags scene.
Leave a comment:
-
The Skids
Just been reminded of a long forgotten band from the 70s called the skids whilst watching freeview 78, who remembers "into the valley" and "working for the yankee dollar"?....The band was formed by Stuart adamson and Richard jobson and enjoyed moderate success at the end of the 70s period...kinda post punk, great musicTags: None

Leave a comment: