The First Live Gig You Went To??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The First Live Gig You Went To????

First live gig? Hm. Well, if you can call it 'live' it was Jean-Michel Jarre at Docklands in 1988. It was probably all taped, if truth's known. Got wet, walked miles back to Victoria station afterwards, missed last train and spent the night in the station. Seem to recall it was October and not particular warm/pleasant.
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

One of my first gigs as well Gillan supported by Budgie although I saw them in Glasgow and as you said Budgie blew Gillan away. Budgie are still my favourite band and are still touring

Stewart

Comment

I was also at this gig Blondie at the Appollo and have to say that it was one of the worst I have ever been at

Stewart

Originally posted by ArchStantonsGhost View Post
        Blondie and the incredible Debbie Harry at Glasgow Barrowlands - what a nite ......................... the gig was pretty good too.

Must admit I havent been to very many live shows .... U2 at Murrayfield was exceptionally awesome and probably my favourite . Deacon Blue at Barrowlands and Cher at the SECC ...oh , and Aztec Camera and Culture Club before they were famous at Nitemoves in Glasgow.

That's about it I'm afraid.

Comment

The Beat, at 'Dixieland', on Colwyn Bay Pier, 1980(ish) .... 900 people jumping up & down to ‘Stand Down Margaret’ in a small room at the end of the pier! Looking back I’m surprised we didn’t all end up in the sea! I doubt Health &Safety would allow anything like that these days!

Comment

acdc in glasgow round about 79

Comment

Level 42 the World Machine Tour ant Wembley Arena in about 84 i think...

Comment

Public Enemy @ the International In Manchester in 88-89.

Comment

Adam and the Ants - Cornwall Colleseum - December 1981 - Fantastic!!
                  sigpic

Comment

10 CC, Manchester Apollo, 1976 (ish). Most of went out as a live album. Just before 'Things We Do For Love', when Eric Gouldman says 'Here's One You Can All Join In With', a little squeaky voice says 'Can I join In?'...............................One of my several claims to infamity!

Comment

Mud at the Birmingham Odeon in 1974. I remember begging my mum to let me go because "I might never see another live group!" I must have seen hundreds since.

Inkerman, your post reminded me of that scene in Monty Python's Life of Brian where he's preaching to the vast crowd and says "You mustn't follow me. You're all individuals!" The crowd chorus "Yes. We're all individuals!" and one lone voice pipes up "I'm not."
                      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Hot Chocolate - Peterborough (think it might have been the ABC or The Embassy) mid to late 70s - They were good!!!!

Comment

Kylie Minogue, Whitley Bay Ice Rink, May 1989...birthday present for my 13th!
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

status quo Newcastle city hall may 1975 or 74 it was a long time ago

Comment

Good call for Uriah Heep! I've lost count of how many times I've seen them - the most recent being their superb 'Demons & Wizards' set at the High Voltage festival last month.

First live gig for me must have been Blackfoot Sue at Farnborough Tech around 1975. Deafening but brilliant!
                              I got the taste for live rock and that gig was closely followed by Hawkwind, Heep, Ange, Camel, Steve Hillage, Gong, PFM, Deep Purple and dozens more.

Comment

I went with a group of school friends to see Secret Affair at the Rainbow in London in October 1980, when I was 17. Secret Affair were a sixties-style rock band, popular with the mods (but none of us were mods).

It was my idea to go there, but we left before the end because my friends said they didn't like the music. This was just as well: the next morning I read that there had been a big fight afterwards, between the mods and the skinheads.

I went to another concert a few weeks later, this time to see an unknown amateur band - friends of mine, or sort of friends. They performed at the further education college where they were students. They played sixties songs by bands like the Beatles and the Kinks, to which we pogoed. But what I remember most is what happened afterwards.

Some of the boys, having had too much lager (which they were too young to drink anyway) decided it would be a good idea to wreck the place. I dodged out of the way as chairs went flying. Then someone pushed over a big cupboard, and it landed on the drummer's foot. One of the others took him to casualty on a motorbike, and the next day he had his foot in plaster.

They're the only rock concerts I've ever been to.
                                The present is a foreign country. They do things differently here.

Comment

Working...
                                X