Grateful Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grateful Dead

Does anyone on here like the Grateful Dead? I know they were a 60's band strictly speaking but their albums didn't begin to chart over here until the 70's so it should be OK to discuss them on here.
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

I do like them Jerry Garcier was a great singer and guitar player.They were a touring band so the only song I heard on the radio was A touch of grey.My favourite songs were China Cat Sunflower,Franklin's Tower,Eyes of the world,Touch of grey,Estimated Prophets,Fire on the mountain,Dark Star but not 30 minute version it just dragged on,

Comment

I guess Workingman's Dead and American Beauty, and anything around that time are my favorite albums, but there is good music from earliest days to near the end of Garcia, who was a great musician indeed! Robert Hunter is also of interest usually and Pig pen... hmm, literally the dead guys.

I visited around the area some of the guys live(d) in the Stinson Beach and Bolinas area in Northern California, stayed at Smiley's... also passed the corner of Haight & Ashbury in SF. I went to see what was at 1080 Page Street where Janis Joplin & Big Brother used to rehearse, but didn't see 710 Ashbury, the Dead house, even though I know the old Victorian style house would still be there.
      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Their concert on August 27th 1972 was brilliant it was a hot day but the band played on until the sun went down,think it was in a field in Oregon.The hippies were enjoying themselves even some of their children and dogs

Comment

Their concert on August 27th 1972 was brilliant it was a hot day but the band played on until the sun went down,think it was in a field in Oregon.And the https://homework-writer.com/ serviceThe hippies were enjoying themselves even some of their children and dogs
          yeah
          even my dad remembers it
          Last edited by caren22; 08-01-2021, 22:50.

Comment

Working...
          X