Genesis....The last domino tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genesis....The last domino tour

So i went to see 70s prog rockers Genesis last week, seemingly the last chance to see the band live, i say prog rockers because that was the era i preferred but there was none of that here, this was mainly a collection of the 90s "hits" that permeated the airwaves so much in this decade. The show was ok but not great, the stage lighting and rear projections were great likewise the rock steady performances of all the musicians which included phils son Nick on drums, but unfortunately Mr Collins himself is in very poor health and had to do the whole performance seated, he now needs a cane to walk and it was sad to witness, also his singing voice is just ok but not a patch on his voice on the last tour. Collins has stated that this tour will probably draw a line under Genesis as far as he is concerned and personally i am good with that.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

So no Musical Box, Return of the Giant Hogweed, Suppers Ready, Battle of Epping Forest, Carpet Crawlers, In the Cage etc?

I think I would find it rather tragic indeed to see Genesis as a pale shadow of their early 70s magnificence and an obviously very frail Phil Collins struggling to go through the motions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
      So no Musical Box, Return of the Giant Hogweed, Suppers Ready, Battle of Epping Forest, Carpet Crawlers, In the Cage etc?

I think I would find it rather tragic indeed to see Genesis as a pale shadow of their early 70s magnificence and an obviously very frail Phil Collins struggling to go through the motions.
      Of the songs you list here Cartimand only carpet crawlers was played, the only other 70s song i recall was "i know what i like"
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post

Of the songs you list here Cartimand only carpet crawlers was played, the only other 70s song i recall was "i know what i like"

Glad to see that two songs from the Gabriel era made it into the set!
        I've seen a few classic bands when they were years past their heyday - Wishbone Ash, Jethro Tull, Uriah Heep, Hawkwind, Gong etc. but they still put on a great show.
        This latter-day version of Genesis really didn't appeal to me.
        Now, if they had somehow tempted Gabriel back into the fold, I would have queued long for tickets!

Comment

Working...
        X