Danielle Dax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danielle Dax

Does anyone in here like or remember her?

Danielle was born in Southend-on-Sea in 1958 and started out in arty bands The Shockheaded Peters and The Lemon Kittens in the late 70's - early 80's before finally becoming a solo artist in 1983 as well as a self-promoting independent artist with her first album "Pop Eyes". This was followed up in 1984 with the mini album "Jesus Egg That Wept", "Inky Bloaters" in 1985, "Dark Adapted Eye" in 1988 (US release only), then "Blast The Human Flower" in 1990.

A very eccentric, beautiful, intelligent and charismatic woman, she became more commercially accessible with each subsequent album release till her 1990 album which was about as Top 40 pop/rock as she was willing to get. Sire Records snapped her up in 1988 and tried to turn her into another sexy pop idol like Madonna and Wendy James, but she eventually had a fall out with the label after her 1994 song "Defiled" which was an intense industrial thrash number used on the Roe vs Wade compilation album.

https://www.danielledax.com

No, but not really my thing so no surprise
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by fatpizzaman View Post
      Does anyone in here like or remember her?

Danielle was born in Southend-on-Sea in 1958 and started out in arty bands The Shockheaded Peters and The Lemon Kittens in the late 70's - early 80's before finally becoming a solo artist in 1983 as well as a self-promoting independent artist with her first album "Pop Eyes". This was followed up in 1984 with the mini album "Jesus Egg That Wept", "Inky Bloaters" in 1985, "Dark Adapted Eye" in 1988 (US release only), then "Blast The Human Flower" in 1990.

A very eccentric, beautiful, intelligent and charismatic woman, she became more commercially accessible with each subsequent album release till her 1990 album which was about as Top 40 pop/rock as she was willing to get. Sire Records snapped her up in 1988 and tried to turn her into another sexy pop idol like Madonna and Wendy James, but she eventually had a fall out with the label after her 1994 song "Defiled" which was an intense industrial thrash number used on the Roe vs Wade compilation album.

https://www.danielledax.com
      I remember a gig at The Rainbow , probably very early 8O's. The Jam put in a suprise performance which was the highlight of the night as far as I was concerned. The Lemon Kittens were one of the warm up acts I think.

What I do remember about the Lemon Kittens was that they performed wearing loin cloth type costumes and were besmeared with a tribal effect body paint that glowed under the lights.

Not much more I can add but thanks for jogging my memory!

Comment

Working...
      X