X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred-ez
    replied
    Re: Hitman & Her

I watched it every week just to see if Michaela's perfect breasts, were still perfect. I hated everything else about the show.

Leave a comment:

• trip2themoon
    replied

Originally posted by darren View Post
    Thats one thing i loved about it that they went to different clubs every week.

I can see why you thought it might have been a u.s. Crime show.

It was on pretty late after midnight.

And it was on back in the day when Crime Story was being broadcast. Friday nights used to be great when I finally got a bedroom to myself (when I was 10) I could watch what I wanted as late as I wanted because it wasn't a school night. My sister's mate gave me a 26 inch colour telly when he got a new one, I had my Atari hooked up to it. My mate was staying one night and he asked "can we watch the telly?" "No, I don't have an aerial". "Stick a wire coat hanger in the aerial socket". That worked a treat, would stay up watching Crime Story, Michaela and the Old Fat Bloke (think Pete was born old, no known footage of him young) and Prisoner Cell Block H. Loved The Word as well but that came a little later.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Thanks, Darren, I will have a look on Youtube.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

I was able to watch both parts even tho i was a teenager.

Think ur correct about those games.

YOU COULD WATCH EPS ON YOUTUBE.
    IM SURE SOME ARE THERE.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    i don't think i stayed up to watch the second parts when they were split into two--just a bit too late for me.

i was trying to remember the games that m and p got the clubbers to play. I think there was one where girls and boys had to exchange clothes and maybe another involving balloons but it is rather hazy.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

I don't think I stayed up to watch the second parts when they were split into two--just a bit too late for me.

I was trying to remember the games that M and P got the clubbers to play. I think there was one where girls and boys had to exchange clothes and maybe another involving balloons but it is rather hazy.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

The programme was often recorded on a Saturday night, edited on-the-fly, and shown a few hours later in the early hours of Sunday morning, the second half of the Saturday/Sunday version being repeated during the following night. The earlier shows were split into two-halves: the first at 1am and the second at 4am.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I was too young to say up late enough for this.

I can also see why the title might be mistaken for a crime drama.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

I was too young to say up late enough for this.

I can also see why the title might be mistaken for a crime drama.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Lol It does sound like it should be a US crime series, doesn't it? At roughly the same time, shows like Scarecrow and Mrs King, and Jake and the Fat man were being shown as repeats, so The Hitman and Her would fit right in.

It was interesting to see the different clubs around the country, but it was shown so late--was it actually live? All those clubs appeared to be pretty well attended for the filming and there were some good-looking girls, and it made for an enjoyable viewing after the late night horror film.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Thats one thing i loved about it that they went to different clubs every week.

I can see why you thought it might have been a u.s. Crime show.

It was on pretty late after midnight.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    i caught this show without knowing anything about it after some late night horror film. When the announcer said next up it's the hitman and her, i thought it was some us crime series, so, boy, di i get a surprise. Michaela, i thought, was a fine-looking girl. Pete waterman was perhaps a little bit too old for that kind of presenting. The memories of the show are fading now, but i seem to remember they had games for the clubbers to play. Also, didn't several people turn up week-after-week? It was broadcast from a different club each week, so i don't know if they were part of the show or just followed it from club to club. Didn't michaela get in trouble at one point for being too sexy to present children's programmes--or am i thinking of someone else?

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

I caught this show without knowing anything about it after some late night horror film. When the announcer said next up it's The Hitman and Her, I thought it was some US crime series, so, boy, di I get a surprise. Michaela, I thought, was a fine-looking girl. Pete Waterman was perhaps a little bit too old for that kind of presenting. The memories of the show are fading now, but I seem to remember they had games for the clubbers to play. Also, didn't several people turn up week-after-week? It was broadcast from a different club each week, so I don't know if they were part of the show or just followed it from club to club. Didn't Michaela get in trouble at one point for being too sexy to present children's programmes--or am I thinking of someone else?

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

I agree with you all

I watched it before going to the dairy to start my milk round

Leave a comment:

• DemonEyeX
    replied

Watched a few of these recently.
    The early ones are by far the best, the '90s rave scene pretty much finished it.
    Raves were fun in person, but just looked sweaty & nasty on the telly.
    Loved watching Michaela's dance moves though.

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Michaela Strachan now presents wildlife shows. Rather boring compared to her clubbing days lol

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

RAN FROM SEPTEMBER 88 TO DECEMBR 92.

https://youtu.be/UX323gqMPZk

I LOVED WHO THEY VISITED A DIFFERENT PLACE VENUE EACH WEEK.

Leave a comment:

• agfagaevart
    replied

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
    Staple TV diet for all those returning home from a good Friday night out on the beer....remember it well. Michaela was lovely...Waterman just looked out of place lol.
    Get Stuffed afterwards was also top entertainment after a night of hard clubbing, and two salmon bagels!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X