• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darren
    replied
    Ha i like the rhyming.

Ur a funny girl.

1 saw it last year for the 1st time in like 20 yrs i was amazed how much the voting ssystem had changed.
    Quite a lot of other chnges id not known of.

How long have they been doing the other voting system after the normal voting system.
    And australia in it still bugs me.

Originally posted by heather74 View Post
    saturday 12th may

will you be flying the flag?:d or thinking oh what a drag?
    we are being represented by a band called scootch, do we stand any chance, or is it now about much more than music?

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied
    It'll not be long now - I hope the UK do well this year

with all the dance music we hacve given in rent times i'm suprised we've not won more to be fair - even if you believe it Poltical Voting or not!

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Liverpool will host the Eurovision Song Contest in 2023 - saw it on the One Show unveiled at 7.18 pm.

I stayed in Liverpool myself last year when I got tickets to see Hairspray the Musical at the Empire Theatre on my birthday. Liverpool's enormous cultural currency with regards to music as a result of the success of the Beatles, Gerry and the Pacemakers and Cilla Black, and I think that it is a be such a natural progression for them to host the contest and it will now become a reality.

Nice to see how Sonia (Evans) has kept reasonably young after 30 years!

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Oh, no, we're not paying for it again, are we?
    Licence Fee payers of the world (or Great Britain at least) unite!

Leave a comment:

• Flash Gordon
    replied
    Oh, no, we're not paying for it again, are we?

Leave a comment:

• Cartimand
    replied
    Well we now know that Eurovision's coming home, but which city will host it?

If the venue is say Wembley Arena or the O2, then we will certainly apply for tickets (my daughter-in-law is the really big Eurovision nut).

Leave a comment:

• Flash Gordon
    replied
    Oh, WOW, I'm genuinely shocked! 2nd place. Ok, I'm getting out my knife and fork to eat my hat. Hand me that slice of humble pie...

Leave a comment:

• Flash Gordon
    replied
    Well, it's normally a nightmare. Abba were the best.

I still have faith in you.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-06-2022, 23:38.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied
    Originally posted by Cartimand View Post

Blimey!
    Didn't you even notice that we won the international juries' vote at this year's Eurovision and only came second overall instead of first because of Putin's invasion of Ukraine (let's face it, the Ukrainian group could have come on stage, dropped their pants and farted for 4 minutes and still won this year).
    The UK has entered absolute dross for too many years.
    When we enter a decent song we can win - as 2022 shows us!
    Exactly, I remember a pre-Sugababes Jade Ewen did well when singing an Andrew Lloyd-Webber song since 2003, so it's a case of making an effort & being rewarded for it. No conspiracies required!

Leave a comment:

• Cartimand
    replied
    Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hate Eurovision. It's obviously fixed, and certainly fixed against us since the Iraq war, when all the European hypocrites were making some kind of half-brained point by smashing up the UK entry's dressing room. But now it's established that UK get's nil points, that's fixed in stone, because we're bad apparently, unlike all the other European countries who never did any wrong. The Germans have historically been lovely, and the Spanish conquistadors were so nice, to name but a few. I can only assume it's masochism on behalf of the British, who love getting spanked.
    Blimey!
    Didn't you even notice that we won the international juries' vote at this year's Eurovision and only came second overall instead of first because of Putin's invasion of Ukraine (let's face it, the Ukrainian group could have come on stage, dropped their pants and farted for 4 minutes and still won this year).
    The UK has entered absolute dross for too many years.
    When we enter a decent song we can win - as 2022 shows us!

Leave a comment:

• Flash Gordon
    replied
    I hate Eurovision. It's obviously fixed, and certainly fixed against us since the Iraq war, when all the European hypocrites were making some kind of half-brained point by smashing up the UK entry's dressing room. But now it's established that UK get's nil points, that's fixed in stone, because we're bad apparently, unlike all the other European countries who never did any wrong. The Germans have historically been lovely, and the Spanish conquistadors were so nice, to name but a few. I can only assume it's masochism on behalf of the British, who love getting spanked.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied
    Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
    Brilliant wasn't it?
    UK winning the international music juries' vote and Ukraine winning the most massive public phone-in vote ever, in an amazing show of international solidarity against Russia's brutal aggression.
    I reckon next year's EVSC will have to be held in the UK, as I cannot see the effects of the war on Ukraine's infrastructure having been rectified in under a year's time.
    It might work out like that, as usually if a winner can't host it a British one is a stand in.

Leave a comment:

• Cartimand
    replied
    Brilliant wasn't it?
    UK winning the international music juries' vote and Ukraine winning the most massive public phone-in vote ever, in an amazing show of international solidarity against Russia's brutal aggression.
    I reckon next year's EVSC will have to be held in the UK, as I cannot see the effects of the war on Ukraine's infrastructure having been rectified in under a year's time.

Leave a comment:

• Cartimand
    replied
    The big family Eurovision BBQ is being hosted this year by my daughter-in-law's parents, so I can just turn up, scoff at the performances, sigh dramatically at the politicised voting and get sozzled!
    Can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• Semi42
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark View Post
    should be scraped been going on to long now
    Nah, but don’t think the uk should be pumping money into it and automatically qualifying

Leave a comment:

Working...
X