X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1st Album & Single you ever bought

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
    There's an existing thread 80schav so I've merged your post with it

A little hint for you, where there a large number of topics you can use the search at the top of the page to see if something similar has been posted before
    Thanks. Sorry about that did'nt realise!

Comment

first single bought was by the vapors called turning japanese and first album was architecture and morality by omd.

Comment

1st single was Brown Sugar by the Rolling Stones (1971, with a record token), otherwise it would be Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade (1972, real cash).

1st album was Never Mind The Bollocks by Sex Pistols (1977).

Comment

I remember buying E.LO. Mr Blue Sky the single was blue

Comment

First single "Motorbikin'" by Chris Spedding .... why on earth do I remember that! First single I learned the words to was "Down in a tube station at midnight" The Jam (and I still remember them over 30 years later!)

Comment

It was Trouble by Shampoo on the eve of my 20th birthday in a not being a teenager anymore must do something teenage panic! Lol!

Comment

First single: Tonight by the Rubettes
                First album: Rebel by John Miles
                First 12": Lay All Your Love On Me by Abba
                First download: Hall Ut by Tomas Ledin, former backing vocalist on Abba's tours and a successful musician in his own right. The Swedish version of Steve Winwood or Bruce Springsteen. Absolutely love him!
                The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

first single....curtis mayfield-move on up
                  first album top of the pops vol 1
                  unfortunately i dont remember the exact years but i think it would have been 1972 ish

Comment

I think I started to hear music in prehistory. Hehe. The first album I was shocked (I was 10 years old) was Trilogy Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Comment

The first single I ever bought myself- Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield with Maggie Reilly (1983)
                      First album- Rio by Duran Duran (though on cassette, not vinyl, as I didn't have a record player until I was 18)

My mum did buy me a few 45's when I was little though, including one by The Wombles, and 'The Bucket Of Water Song' from 'Tiswas'. I also had 'The Smurfs All Star Show' album as a 12th birthday present.

Comment

first album i bought was black sabbath greatest album after my weird music teacher played us warpigs instead of beethoven's summat-or-other...........i was totally inspired.....

........the next album i bought several months later was the osmonds......we wont go into that

Comment

first thing I bought was a compilation called 'Now Thats What I call Music vol 4'.

Comment

Rick Astley.. never gonna give you up !!!! haha

Comment

First album,Magnetic fields,Jean michel Jarre.
                              First single...............?????....I think it was Northern lights by Renaissance with the b side,Opening out.I always thought that albums were better value for money compared to the price of a single most of the time.

Comment

I don't remember my first single because I never really bought singles. If I heard a song I liked I'd usually buy the album. I honestly can't remember ever going into a shop and buying a 7 inch. I think my folks bought me songs on 7 inch I liked when I was a kid, but that's about as far as it went.

I do remember my first album that I actually went into a shop myself and bought - it was "Heaven and Hell" by Black Sabbath. I'd already got a couple of rock albums that had been bought for me but this one was the first I'd ever gone into a shop and purchased myself.

I don't have it on vinyl anymore due to a stupid era in my life when I sold most of my record collection, but I've got it on CD and it's still a very special album to me, even if it's not one of Sabbath's greatest.

Cheers,
                                Finnthedude.

Comment

Working...
                                X