Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seventies Songs You Never Hear Anymore

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    Paper Lace -- The Night Chicago Died (1974)
    -- Used to hear this one all the time as a little lad.
    Did I ever mention the time when they appeared at Stockport's Merseyway shopping precinct in 1974 to mime this for a tv show called '45', presented by Kid Jensen?

Also on the bill were Mouth and MacNeal doing 'I see a Star' and Sacha Distel. My mum took me when I was four, I still remember the big fellah with the furry boots in Mouth and MacNeal.

Sadly, it's been lost from Granada TV archives, I keep meaning to write to the Paper Lace guys and Maggie MacNeal to see if either remember it and, a very long shot, if either has a tape.

Comment

Hows that-Sherbert heard this on the radio

Comment

i watchedf top of the pops the other night and it was all from 70s there was some on there i never heard off but few i dont hear much now rat trap boomtown rats was one on there when heard it i thought i aint heard that for ages
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Off the top of my head.....

I Will Return- Springwater
          Free Electric Band - Albert Hammond
          Lay Down -The Strawbs
          All I Want Is You - Roxy Music
          Hold Your Head Up -Argent
          Dream Are Ten A Penny - Kincade
          Little Does She Know - Kursaal Flyers
          Costafine Town - Splinter
          Calendar Song - Trinidad Oil Company
          Feels Like Heaven - Fiction Factory
          He's Gonna Step On You Again - John Kongos

Of course if you ever listen to Magic FM or Absolute Radio I guess there is an outside chance of hearing one of these......although in the case of Magic you will note that they struggle to go much more than about an hour before playing either Broken Wings by Mr Mister or a Hard Habit To Break by Chicago or similar.....

Comment

Smooth sometimes turns up an interesting oldie, or otherwise finds one & plays it at least once a day for a week before never playing it again.

They did that with Herbie Hancock's I Thought It Was You. That robot voice gets annoying after the 3rd play.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
              Hows that-Sherbert heard this on the radio
              Yeah, I hear Sherbert's Howzat quite a lot on the radio too. That is one of the songs that just OOZES memories of the autumn of 1976, a year which I will always regard as ABBA's main year, as they seemed to dominate the charts back then. And, boy, was I in love with Agnetha!
              Wirral Writer
              www.alantoner.com

Comment

Heard you can do magic from 1970 but the presenter didnt say who the artist was which is annoying

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                  Heard you can do magic from 1970 but the presenter didnt say who the artist was which is annoying
                  Didn't Limmie And Family Cooking have a hit with it in the summer of 1973?
                  Wirral Writer
                  www.alantoner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral Writer View Post
                    Didn't Limmie And Family Cooking have a hit with it in the summer of 1973?
                    Thank you it was

Comment

• Re: Seventies Songs You Never Hear Anymore

One Armed Bandit - (instrumental) by Judge Dread I think?

Comment

Well, strangely enough, a tune popped into my head last week.
                        I hadn't thought of it for a long long time.
                        Then the next day it popped up in the afternoon on a local radio station.
                        Definitely one of the weirdest of tracks to be the first hit for an artist who went on to a rather mainstream career.
                        Not that i'm saying anything bad about Paul Young, I always liked his voice.
                        But this particular track is often dismissed as a silly "novelty" song, but I actually think that it's awesome.
                        Anyway, here it is.

Comment

rat trap - boomtown rats
                          only reason why i remember this is because it was on totps on tv the other night
                          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Tweedledee Tweedledum by Middle of the Road. I heard it the other day as part of a radio jingle and it was on one of my Top of the Tots records but I had forgotten about it. They were a naff group but it's quite a catchy little tune.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                              Tweedledee Tweedledum by Middle of the Road. I heard it the other day as part of a radio jingle and it was on one of my Top of the Tots records but I had forgotten about it. They were a naff group but it's quite a catchy little tune.
                              Like Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep

Comment

i have not heard these ones for ages on the radio

ABBA: My Mama Said (from their first LP. A Funk song about menstruation and cherry poppin!!!) and Terry Jacks: ” Seasons in the Sun and Carly Simon's "You're So Vain

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Working...
                                X