Just bought a SNES ^_^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a SNES ^_^

just bought another SNES off ebay today, as well as a ton of games.

it was £60 in good condition (no yellowing), with Starwing.

and also bought:

Tiny Toons: Buster Busts Loose
    Mortal Kombat 2
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Street Racer
    Super Mario Kart
    Donkey Kong Country
    Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
    Super Star Wars
    Super Empire Strikes Back
    Super Return of the Jedi
    Pilotwings
    Equinox

what are everyone's favourite games on the SNES, also any recommendations?

and what's Equinox like, its the only one i've not played out of these?

Re: Just bought a SNES ^_^

Welcome to the 20th Century :P

Comment

hey moondog ive to many fave snes games to mention mate.

well done on getting the computert and games.
      where did u get them from.

others i recommend are.
      Super Metroid.
      zelda a linik to the past.

donkey kong country 2 and 3 much better than the first.
      Fzero.

megaman x and x1.

streetfighter 2 the new challengers cammy dee jay,t hawk ,fei long.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Bomberman 2, with the multitap if you have enough kids for a four player game! Seriously, it gets competitive. I also love and regularly play Unirally and Mario Kart and have ~70 snes games, all becoming more valuable as the years go on.
        I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

If you liked Super Mario World/All Stars, you might like Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
          Or maybe a Super Scope and Super Scope 6 cartridge, there are a fair few on ebay and may cost a lot.

Comment

Sounds interesting, a few friends at school had them.

I remember not long ago a 2nd hand games shop near me had a sign telling people not to try trading in SNES games. Things have picked up since then, & the shop has closed.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

its also worth checking amazon for cart only games- a few titles i wanted that were going for £6+ on ebay were 99p+£2 postage on amazon. Snes amazon prices tend to be nuts anyway, search for cart only mario kart finished auctions and prices go,from £3 to £12, pick the right auction and you've got a bargain, the wrong one and you pay a mint.
              I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                Welcome to the 20th Century :P
                lol this ain't my first SNES dude

Originally posted by darren View Post

others i recommend are.
                Super Metroid.

donkey kong country 2 and 3 much better than the first.
                Fzero.

megaman x and x1.

streetfighter 2 the new challengers cammy dee jay,t hawk ,fei long.
                i got some of my games from a local shop that has a few retro things, but i got the majority of them off ebay.

i ordered Super Metroid too, never really played the 3rd one, but finished the 4th one (Metroid Fusion on GBA) and loved it so looking forward to this one.

as for DKC 2&3, yeah they are on my list, never played much of the sequels but totally love the original.

Super Street Fighter 2? nah, had it back in the day for the Megadrive but i think 1 version of Street Fighter 2 is enough for anyone lol

Comment

believe me mate dk2 and 3 are much better than the first one.
                  i have all 3 myself.

the 2nd and 3rd are much longer and harder.

Super Metroid is amazing id say its in my top 5 games ever and ive played thousands of games.
                  here is the intro.

http://youtu.be/ls5uo4xidwQ

if u played the 2nd which is called return of samus, super metroid is a direct continuation from the 2nd one.
                  want to know why its called super metroid you will find out.

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                  lol this ain't my first SNES dude

i got some of my games from a local shop that has a few retro things, but i got the majority of them off ebay.

i ordered Super Metroid too, never really played the 3rd one, but finished the 4th one (Metroid Fusion on GBA) and loved it so looking forward to this one.

as for DKC 2&3, yeah they are on my list, never played much of the sequels but totally love the original.

Super Street Fighter 2? nah, had it back in the day for the Megadrive but i think 1 version of Street Fighter 2 is enough for anyone lol
                  Last edited by darren; 24-05-2013, 04:24.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

others i recommend are.

Fzero.

megaman x and x1.
                    already own Link to the Past on GBA, so probably won't buy it for SNES.

F-Zero is one i'll have to try again, i never liked it back in the day, can try it on the rom first.

would maybe buy Megaman, are they still as hard as the NES ones?

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
                    If you liked Super Mario World/All Stars, you might like Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
                    Or maybe a Super Scope and Super Scope 6 cartridge, there are a fair few on ebay and may cost a lot.
                    i could never get into Yoshi's Island, plus i already own it for GBA.

Comment

That is a cracking haul you got there Moondog, some great games there. Ah, Street Racer! I had that on PS1 and my mate had it on Mega Drive, I loved the little additions on there like the rumble mode and the football mode. Street Racer has largely been forgotten over the years, is the SNES version any good?

I see you have a couple of beat em ups there, another suggestion would be Killer Instinct. I enjoyed that game as a kid but it never hooked me quite as much as Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. If you like RPG games there is also Chrono Trigger though I think it can be a bit pricey. It is a fantastic game though and well worth playing.

I had a bit of a clear-out a few months ago and almost chucked my SNES, fortunately I came to my senses and decided to keep it. I only have Super Wrestlemania and Mario Kart but I think its worth having the console for Mario Kart alone, possibly the best game on the system.

Comment

yeah Chrono Trigger is ace, played it a fair bit on the rom and DS, won't be buying it for SNES though cos the DS version is that little bit better and i can get it anytime.

Killer Instinct is on my list, great game, and i plan to get it.

that's good you kept your SNES. my sister threw out my last one and i was well p*ssed off lol

Comment

Hey getting back to you on the megaman games the 2nd one is dead simple by far the easiest.

x and x1 are pretty tough well for me they are.
                          they go up to megaman im pretty sure then its onto the x ones.

the later x ones like 4 ,5 etc dont even have stages.

yeah Chrono Trigger is ace, played it a fair bit on the rom and DS, won't be buying it for SNES though cos the DS version is that little bit better and i can get it anytime.

Killer Instinct is on my list, great game, and i plan to get it.

that's good you kept your SNES. my sister threw out my last one and i was well p*ssed off lol

Comment

got my SNES today, good times ^_^

at first i thought some of the games weren't working, but just like the old NES days all it took was blowing the dust out of the cartridges, to get them working lol

Comment

yeah thats common where cartridge games are concerned.LOL

is this the first time you have had a snes mate.

Did it cost much the entire lot computer and games.

got my SNES today, good times ^_^

at first i thought some of the games weren't working, but just like the old NES days all it took was blowing the dust out of the cartridges, to get them working lol

Comment

Working...
                              X