No announcement yet.

First video game console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Genesis, I remember my father giving me his back in 2005, ( earlier than the Wii (roms world), I got that a 12 months later) and on the grounds since then, I still play sonic jam with him on that very console.

Comment

We had the Pong game, but the controllers were wheels built in to the console itself, at the bottom of the console. Google is no help in finding it.

EDIT: This one. http://www.pongmuseum.com/collection...superscore.php
      Last edited by OptimusPrime1980; 07-02-2021, 16:58.
      Jeep Swenson January 5th 1957 - August 18 1997.

Comment

We got one of those very early basic pong games as a joint present for both us kids one Christmas. It had two spin-wheel topped paddles attached to a white box you connected to the back of the tv. Later my brother bought an Atari after playing it at a friend's home who had an early one, and we both bought games to plug into it.
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

My first video game console was a game boy advance and the first game I played on it was Pokémon Platinum. Awesome game and awesome times I still remember how I figured out to cheat for rare candy and became a master of it. Good ol days man and good old retro gaming.
          Last edited by Guile Peterson; 17-02-2021, 21:44.

Comment

Shout out for the ZX Spectrum. Can't remember what K it was. I do remember that the Ghostbusters game on my ZX wouldn't play properly. I think it was something to do with not being able to buy the best equipment.

Comment

Mine was a pong game from Argos , it didn’t have the knobs for moving the paddles up and down but a joystick so that the paddles could move all around its playing area, I was so excited to buy this on the Saturday that I couldn’t sleep on Friday night

Comment

Sega Megadrive.

Does the MSX count as a game console? It has a cartridge slot so it is effectively a game console with a keyboard.

Comment

My first game console was GAMECUBE. Now sometimes I play games from GAMECUBE

Comment

Originally posted by Guile Peterson View Post
                    My first video game console was a game boy advance and the first game I played on it was Pokémon Platinum. Awesome game and awesome times I still remember how I figured out to cheat for rare candy and became a master of it. Good old days man and good old retro gaming.
                    I didn't play Pokemon on GameBoy but still remember this awesome game in a way it was a masterpiece. My first console was a PlayStation, I adored it to some extent even now after buying PS 5 I don't feel that many emotions as I felt playing that old PS.
                    Last edited by DemetriusVVV; 4 days ago.

Comment

My first system is the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System). And no I don’t wish I still had it. Due to ROMs and collections, I can get the majority of all the video games I used to own.

Comment

PS3, I mostly used to play PC games. So I'm a late bloomed gamer currently I play CS and would like to recommend this trading platform https://dmarket.com/csgo-skins/produ.../factory%20new

Comment

Working...
                        X