No announcement yet.

The Raleigh Budgie,who had one.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Raleigh Budgie,who had one.......

Can think what my first bike was.I must of had one during the early 70's but I can't recall.First bike of note was The Grifter, then moved on the more adult Raleigh Arena. which I had right through to adult

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
      Surely you mean The Boxer was a junior Grifter and The Budgie was a junior Chopper??
      I always though the Tomahawk was the junior Chopper (hence the name)

Yep you are right....i must have had a brain fart while i was typing
      sigpic

Comment

the chipper was the junior chopper , the boxer was the junior grifter and the budgie was the junior boxer and if that not enough , the chippy was the junior budgie

Comment

The mind boggles
          Heather

Comment

i had a shopper that folded haha
            sigpic

Comment

I had a Raleigh Budgie, it was a purple one, I can remember been about six when I got it. I will always remember it to be the bike that I learnt to ride (after a bit of time) without my stabilisers.

I can remember the seat been really long and the wheels were tiny. I can't describe it but when you peddled they had a certain sound (its hard to describe) it was like a ticky/rattling sound, anyone who has had one will know what I mean. Ar happy days.
              Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Never had a Budgie but wanted one. Had to ride round on a blue girls bike with solid tires called a Nippy. A kid in out street had Budgies so I got to ride one but hassled my parents to get me one, lovely to ride. In the end they got me a Strika from the cataloge and I forgot about the Budgie plus I was the envy of our street because my Strika was different to the normal ones as it was red and a completely different seat that was black and red. Think it was a Strika GS.

Comment

Originally posted by steve edwards View Post
                  the chipper was the junior chopper , the boxer was the junior grifter and the budgie was the junior boxer and if that not enough , the chippy was the junior budgie
                  Here`s the Chipper

And here`s the Chippy

Comment

Do you remember?

Chopper bikes?
                    I had one and it was a great bike with its 3 gears. with the gear shift being in the center of the main frame.

Comment

Comment

Here's my limited edition gold tomahawk with 5 spoke alloy wheels, concealed behind my friend is a standard red tomahawk.

Last edited by Heather74; 06-05-2008, 14:31. Reason: Fixing picture link

Comment

corrected exposure

Comment

I have a Budgie to restore where do I find spares - tyres/tubes/etc?

Comment

Originally posted by hazel49 View Post
                              I have a Budgie to restore where do I find spares - tyres/tubes/etc?
                              I remember in the 1980s my Budgie burst a tyre after I rode it over some broken glass, & my Dad bought a Michelin tyre & tube the right size to fix it with.

I don't know if they still make tyres that size still but it might be worth asking at a bike shop that's a Michelin dealer.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I had one, but I thought it was pretty uncool though.
                                My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Working...
                                X