No announcement yet.

Got,got ,got, Got, Need, Need, Need,.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got,got ,got, Got, Need, Need, Need,.

I think I completed the yellow Dinosaurs one.

Comment

The thing I hated about collecting Walker's Star Wars and Looney Tunes Tazos was that certain Tazos could only be found in packs of Dorito's. I had a god few Star Wars Tazos including the final one which featured the Star Wars trilogy logo. One of my school mates, Adam, had some of the special Dorito ones I needed but said he would only let me have them for my logo Tazo. I tried to barter a bit but he let me know straight up that it was the final Star Wars Tazo or there was no deal.

I gave in eventually and waved a sad goodbye to my mint-condition logo Tazo. It bugged me for ages because I did end up getting one of the same Tazo's again but it was in a real bad state, faded and scratched. Please, put your violins away.

Nice one for posting those Gladiator album photos there AmethystWitch, I had the first two. I had no idea they made a third one!

Comment

The secret with the Star Wars tazos was to buy the multipacks in which you actually got 3 Tazos at the bottom of the multipack itself and not in the individual bags, i used to do this then go round the market selling the individual bags at cost price something like 7 for a quid so basically i got my whole collection for nothin, im sure you got a credit card thing with the album as well with a pic of C3PO on.

Comment

Football Stickers & Albums

Sorry if this has already been coiverd in a thread, but i've had a good search and not found a particular thread devoted to it, only slight mention's in other threads

Did anyone else collect Football Stickers/Albums? I did - I think I collected nearly as many as where going (and still have most too) , even if a lot are not in prestime condition

Comment

Can anyone else remember the blind panic of pulling the back off a sticker, flinging it in the pile of backs and suddenly thinking,Oh my god,what number was that?
            Heather

Comment

Pokemon Tazos, fifa 94 stickers from bubblegum!

Comment

I got a full set of pokemon cards (original 151), had a few Crazybones, and a couple of Pogs that came in packets of Quavers back in they day!
                If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

Originally posted by Llamarama View Post
                  I got a full set of pokemon cards (original 151), had a few Crazybones, and a couple of Pogs that came in packets of Quavers back in they day!
                  Yeah Pokemon Cards were all the rage - I recall. Did you find the "Golden Eagle/Draggon" whatever it's name is?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                    Yeah Pokemon Cards were all the rage - I recall. Did you find the "Golden Eagle/Draggon" whatever it's name is?
                    I think I did, possibly. Really raching my brain now. :P I remember goin loco when my little brother stole, and then traded (!!!) my shiny Gengar! I didn't speak to him for about 2 weeks.
                    If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

Originally posted by Llamarama View Post
                      I think I did, possibly. Really raching my brain now. :P I remember goin loco when my little brother stole, and then traded (!!!) my shiny Gengar! I didn't speak to him for about 2 weeks.

Was it the Draggon that was elusive or another Animal etc mate? You should get your Bro to join here, he'd love it!

Comment

I must have been one of the only people in our year at school who absolutely hated the Pokemon craze, I never got it. In the years since I can actually appreciate what a cool little fad it all was, I have happy memories of that time. One of my main memories will always be seeing one kid in town with an official Pokemon binder absolutely brimming with cards. I swear there was some sort of tremor that went through the foundations of the earth when that kid dropped that binder down.

Me and my mate from work were in the pub a few nights back and the topic of sticker albums came up. We have decided to start a staff sticker album for the Euros this year, we're keeping it in the staff room and have high hopes of completing it with everyone's involvement. That said, they have to actually release an album first but I think it's safe to say it will be more than likely. The kid in me is really looking forward to it!

Comment

I never got into pokemon cards, just the tazos you could get in the crip packets. At least thats all we had in South Africa, people would come into school with stacks of them and I would go crazy when you would get more then one in a bag, my friend once got 5! it was ridiculous

Comment

I was busy clearing out the shed the other day as Im in the middle of moving apartments. And I came across a few of my old scrap books and I found a pikachu tazzo stuck in there I thought I had given them all away. I got such a nostalgic fix from it hahaha There was also a few other tazzos stuck in there, some from star wars and some from that film braveheart :S strange! Still very weird to be reunited again.

Comment

THATS GREAT MATRE.
                              And i bet now u have found themyou will not let them go.

quite a few times ive came across things i thought id thrown out and im glad i had not.

a few old books and comics spring to mind.

Originally posted by Dancetothe View Post
                              I was busy clearing out the shed the other day as Im in the middle of moving apartments. And I came across a few of my old scrap books and I found a pikachu tazzo stuck in there I thought I had given them all away. I got such a nostalgic fix from it hahaha There was also a few other tazzos stuck in there, some from star wars and some from that film braveheart :S strange! Still very weird to be reunited again.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I ran a pokemon club for about 4 years solid so had to have examples of the cards that were likely to be seen in play for reference.I still have them all,thousands.

Getting back to the question of stickers,I don't remember finishing an album.There was a good dinosaur one back in the 70's and a few football ones I had also.There were others but cannot remember what they were.As someone else said earlier it was a case of limited funds,not enough to go round so when the next best thing came along as a kid we all moved over to it without a second thought.Most collecting would be done through swapping as stickers were expensive on a low pocket money.My pocket money was only 2p in about the mid 70's increasing to 5p then 10p in the early 80's.I finally got a paper round then ended up paying mum keep so out of my money earnt depending on how many papers I sold I did not get much.Possibly£1.00 out of the £4.50 earnt on a very very good week.By the time I was in my last year of school I never bothered with stickers.

I remember tazzo's that came in the crisp packets.My brother collected them,he was pog crazy so they went into his tin with his poggs.

Comment

Working...
                                X