Vanity case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanity case

Did anybody else have a vanity case? These were quite popular and were red and a kind of half moon shape with a metal clasp and a dark blue silky lining. I can't remember what was inside it, if anything. Play make up or something I presume. Anybody enlighten me?
    1976 Vintage

Re: Vanity case

I had one,but mine was square hard plastic, and had a lift up lid with a mirror in, and 4 circular holes to hold lipsticks? Also, the sides swung out to house small eyeshadows? Wish I still owned it.

Comment

I had a pink half moon one that I kept hair bobbles and bangles in, I think mine came empty and was made to store make up as it also had a mirror on the inside of the lid!
      My Mum also had a more grown up one containing a hair dryer and maybe hair tongs.
      Heather

Comment

My sister for ages had one that was once from a set of suitcases & was occasionly used by my Mum when going away.

She later got one like a small flight case, with a metal frame & faux leather panels.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember these were around from at least the mid 1950s, young ladies used them for make-up, jewellery, hair things, a sort of early travelling make-up case,an advance on the original music box idea and still sold in the shops in all sorts of colours, styles, patterns, materials, etc, etc

Comment

Working...
          X