Sticklebricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticklebricks

Can you still get these? I had a set and used to like to make Star Trek communicators with them (green rectangle + blue circle, yellow open square and I think a red triangle for buttons).
    1976 Vintage

Re: Stickle bricks

Hmm,good question,I haven't seen them for a while.

tulip

Comment

Yeah you can still get them, but they are hard to come by. Amazon usually has them.
      Heather

Comment

Really? I LOVED these when I was a kid - going to search on Amazon for them now.

Comment

Re: Sticklebricks

I remember my primary school had a big box of it. The "blockheads" included in the sets were a little freaky though.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I still have mine in an old ice cream tub in the attic

Comment

Playskool who I think made the original version, do a simplified set now aimed at toddlers, I can't remember the name of them. I have seen various non-branded boxes recently called thistle blocks but none look as good as the originals, I loved the block heads!

Comment

abit of info.

stickle bricks are a construction toy primarily intended for toddlers invented by denys fisher.
                They are owned by Hasbro and they are currently manufactured by flair leisure Products plc.
                one individual stickle brick is a colourful plastic shape a few centimetres long which has a brush of small plastic fingers on one or more edges.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                The fingers of adjacent stickle bricks can interlock, allowing them to be joined in various ways.
                Standard sets of stickle bricks contain triangular, square and rectangular pieces.
                the majority of sets also include other types of pieces such as heads, wheels and teddy bear shapes.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                X