Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late 80s, early 90s transforming military toys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 80s, early 90s transforming military toys?

hey guys,

Trying to remember a line of toys I used to have as a kid. They were these military vehicles like a helicopter, jet and such that would transform into a base with smaller vehicles and weapons. with them, there were these light tan and dark colored men who you could have sit and man all the weapons. I'm not thinking of Keller's Mega force line. Any help with this is very appreciated

Re: Late 80s, early 90s transforming military toys?

Are you thinking of Secret Army Supplies.

Someone mentioned these only recently, here's a link.

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...=military+toys
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

No, that's not what I"m thinking of. These were vehicles that changed to bases. For example, I had a helicopter one that when you hit a switch on its side, the helicopter would open up so that it would sit on the props as a swivelling base with the tail section propped up into a missile launcher. Another example would be the jet in the series. Its back would completely open up into a base where the tail section would come out and be a smaller bomber helicopter. A friend of mine had a tank and a boat which did similar things as well.

Comment

Army Gear by Galoob ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSrhz...eature=related
        Heather

Comment

Good suggestion, but all the info I can find does not mention a plane or Helicopter in the range

Micro Machines?
          Last edited by sixtyten; 13-09-2011, 13:31.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
            Good suggestion, but all the info I can find does not mention a plane or Helicopter in the range

Micro Machines?
            Doh :cry: let's hope you are right then
            Heather

Comment

I think he's on about Kenner's MEGA FORCE toyline.

http://www.toyarchive.com/Megaforce/Megaforce.html

Bluebird Toys ZERO HOUR range, known as CODE ZERO in the US when marketed via Mattel in the USA and when they bought out Bluebird-simple re-labeled packaging.
              Last edited by HG; 13-09-2011, 17:41. Reason: merging posts

Comment

Its close to the Mega Force toyline, but I checked all those and it wasn't them even though I had gotten some of those thinking they were the same. I said that these were military vehicles, but they were a little more futuristic looking. The little men that came with them weren't dressed like normal military forces but more futuristic. If I still have some of them I'll try to get a picture and post it, though they may be buried up in an attic somewhere.

Comment

Captain Power and The Soldiers of The future???

Mate...you need to be a bit more descriptive, or if you have a pic of the stuff I bet I could identify it asap once I've seen the pics.

Comment

So yeah, they are in a place i can't get yet so I'll try to be as descriptive as possible of the model I remember the most which is the jet. If I remember correctly, the jet was modeled after a harrier jet. the color scheme was mostly black with orange wing tips that could come of as pat of the playset. The jet would split along the back and open up into a base with guns that the little plastic men could sit in. The tail portion would come out and become a little bomber that would drop a bomb when a switch on the back of the bomber was pressed. I also remember that the decals on the body of the jet looked a bit like a blue and yellow eagle, but I can't confirm that part yet. If I have time this week I'll try to explore the attic and see if I can find some parts of them to take pictures of.

Comment

Sounds to me like Zero Hour...however, if you remember the size of the figures it'd help too, if they were Action Force/Star Wars 3 3/4 sized or M.A.S.K/Dino Riders size which was 2 or so inches.

Comment

This is Zero Hour. Ring any bells?

Comment

Deffo this one, has the decals in top picture
                          Last edited by sixtyten; 17-09-2011, 18:05.

Comment

The aircraft sets were called Eagle Air Squadron
                            see logo on left of pic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X