Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questron

Hi

Does anyone remember the questron pen in the 80's?

It was a bulky pen with a sensor in the end that you scanned over pictures in books you could get for it. You had to answer questions and it beeped.

I had one with a couple of books, but none of my friends seem to remember them.

Where there lots of different books you could get? It seemed like quite a clever idea....I was only about 3 when I had one. Did they ever catch on?
    sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Hi check out the Main DYR page, i dont remember them myself but there are other people who do.
    http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory/questron

Why not add your memory whilst there

A little information you may find interesting :
    Questron was released by Childs Play Ltd in 1987 in the same year "What Toy Magazine" voted it Toy Of The Year .

Heather

Comment

Re: Questron

Thanks!
      sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Comment

you're welcome
        Heather

Comment

I've got a bunch of opened and unopened wands and books, and also 'playsets' (starter packs). If anyones interested, email me at csfrazer@googlemail.com

Comment

My local Toymaster had a display of these, complete with a wand you could try out on a panel.

I also went to a museum in Swansea which had some on display.

For some reason the wand would give a correct signal if I touched the end with a finger.

I've often wondered how they worked, I had assumed small magnets fitted into the book or being light sensitive.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I wanted one of these sooo much I used to play with them in the early learning centre or a similar shop. I think leapfrog do a modern day version

Comment

Ne'er heard of them until now.
                Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Working...
                X