Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which famous people have you met / seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which famous people have you met / seen?

Bought Alex Higgins a drink in The Madison (Middlesbrough Nightclub 1989-ish)

Drunkenly bumped into Bob Mortimer in The Arena (another Middlesbrough nightclub, this time early 90s)

Saw Leslie Grantham taking 2 children around the National Science Museum, Old London Town (I presume the kids were his)

Was next in line for a portaloo (one of about 20), and as luck would have it!?! It was the one Geno Washington came out of at Middlesbrough Music Live a good few years ago.
    Quick... Run... Hide... Here comes Dave Stewart, walking up the drive, with that look in his eye!

Comment

Al Murray a few years ago after watching one of his shows.

Stayed in a hotel in Lanzarote while Bradley Walsh was there. His kid and mine played together.

Was in hospital for most of 1999 and frequently saw Sir Jimmy Saville (Stoke Mandeville)

I was once standing in the queue behind Gaby Roslin at a coffee bar in Luton airport

The most embarrasing one was when I saw one of the actors from Londons Burning in a store in Covent Garden and I was so excited that I went over to the wife to tell her "that bloke from Londons Burning is over there" I turned around to point him out and he was by this time standing right behind me. He gave me such a dirty look and made me feel like a right numptie.

The most recent encounter with a famous person would be Grantley from Waterloo Road who I saw on the motorway services on the M6. He didn't seem miserable in real life

My little sister used to live with a bloke who was a regular on Most Haunted. She met the whole lot of them! (not sure about Dereks "Sam" though)
      sigpic

Comment

Re: Which famous people have you met / seen? - DARTH VADER!!

I used to manage an exclusive Hi-Fi shop on the edge of Leicester City centre for over 15years, one Saturday in - I think - summer 1985, I went on my lunch, and headed down the small side street that led into the city centre, I was walking when I noticed a large black figure in the near distance walking at a fair pace, dressed in an odd costume???
        I didn't recognise the outfit as at the time, I was no Star Wars fan at all,
        I caught the strange figure up and we sorta walked together but all I could hear from this black vision of weirdness was, a heavy breathing, and yes, the odd costumed geezer walking by himself to the town centre, was, no other than Dave Prowse, going to a record shop promotion, near the clock tower.
        No bodyguards, no PR, just Darth by himself, the street he had come down led to the local Holiday Inn.
        The force must have been with him.
        sigpic
        Don't worry Cheryl....
        I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

Originally posted by Snakeystew View Post
          The person I most didn't want to meet was Timmy Mallet. What a halfwit
          I met that halfwit too!! How ANNOYING can one person be?
          "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
          sigpic

Comment

Went to a Gentlemans dinner about 10 years ago and ended up sitting next to Paul Henry (Benny). He was a really nice Guy.
            I also met Chris Tarrant in the 70's during his Tiswas days. The Git ate most of my chips!! LOL
            I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

We were at a wedding yesterday, and we were racking our brains, just couldn't place this man. Then my hubby realised it was the nasty PE teacher from Grange Hill. So he plucked up courage and went over to him, saying "excuse me, sorry to disturb you, but are you Mr Sutcliffe from Grange Hill?" and he shouted back in his loud teacher's voice "NO I'M MR BAXTER!". we were all laughing so much. He is such a nice chap (Michael Cronin), was chatting to us for ages about the Grange Hill days. He still has the beard, albeit white now!

YouTube - GRANGE HILL SERIES 3 - TUCKER AND CO CHASED BY MR BAXTER!

Comment

Originally posted by pantherpink View Post
                We were at a wedding yesterday, and we were racking our brains, just couldn't place this man. Then my hubby realised it was the nasty PE teacher from Grange Hill. So he plucked up courage and went over to him, saying "excuse me, sorry to disturb you, but are you Mr Sutcliffe from Grange Hill?" and he shouted back in his loud teacher's voice "NO I'M MR BAXTER!". we were all laughing so much. He is such a nice chap (Michael Cronin), was chatting to us for ages about the Grange Hill days. He still has the beard, albeit white now!

YouTube - GRANGE HILL SERIES 3 - TUCKER AND CO CHASED BY MR BAXTER!

not surpised he was miffed..imagine mixing him up with 'Soppy Sutcliffe'
                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

i've met the late fred dibnah. tom baker and k9, the only dr who for me and i've seen the guy who plays dev in coronation street and peter kay. he used to live a couple of streets away from me.

Comment

Hilda 'Citizen Smith' Braid passed me in Soho once. As did Howard Jacobson.

Comment

• Re: Which famous people have you met / seen?

Hi, all

I have met the following:

Kylie
                      Sandi Toksvig
                      Right Said Fred
                      Ricky Thomlinson (the royal family sitcom)
                      Ronnie Le Drew, zippy puppeteer, sooty and sweep, jim henson.

I have seen the following:

David Jason
                      Mark Owen (Take That)
                      Matt Cardle
                      Trigger from Only Fools And Horses
                      A lady from Big Brother but can't remember her name.

Comment

Originally posted by ianharding View Post
                        ...Sandi Toksvig...Ronnie Le Drew, zippy puppeteer, sooty and sweep, jim henson...
                        I'm quite envious of your there.

I met Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker and Katy Manning briefly in the early 80s. (Who shouted, 'Doctor Who Fan!"?)

I also met and worked with Ian Cullen, (Doctor Who, Z Cars, Family Affairs), and helped him run a youth drama group in Surrey in the 90s.

In the mid 80s, my friend asked me to join him in a pint at his local and introduced me to a lovely guy, who turned out to be the British actor, Gerald Flood.

Comment

I would have liked to have met 'Jon Pertwee' he was a really funny, especially Worzel Gummidge i liked watching that program!!

Comment

the writers of on the buses
                            stuart allen
                            harry fielder
                            paul young
                            billie piper
                            i would love to meet reg varney and bob grant and doris hare michael robbins

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Met , and had a couple of beers with James\Jimmy Doohan aka "Scottie" from Star Trek in the early 90's .

Sammy

Comment

Originally posted by ssjenkins View Post
                                Met , and had a couple of beers with James\Jimmy Doohan aka "Scottie" from Star Trek in the early 90's .

Sammy
                                when did u meet scoittie mate.
                                did u ask him to beam u up.
                                id think he was a very funny chap.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X