Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which famous people have you met / seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which famous people have you met / seen?

Met Emma Forbes (kids tv presenter) in a pizza place in covent garden when i was about 10. She was lovely and signed a napkin for me.

A few months ago I was in pets at home and Bill Oddie was in there promoting his new bird seed! We got a signed pic and photo with him.

And when I went to see Justin Timberlake in concert, as the place was clearing out, we decided to wait until the crowd cleared a bit, and all of a sudden there was a load of commotion and he walked right past me! I just missed him though thanks to some girls pushing me outta the way. He was about 2ft away from me....I was so happy!
    sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Comment

I live near silverstone. I've seen David Coulthard in tesco and stood behind Jacques Villeneuve in argos. And my claim to fame is that princess margaret kissed me when I was a baby!

Comment

I have lost track, too many to mention

Comment

I met Postman Pat last week at Pontins, Oh and some guy called Ben Mills
          Heather

Comment

Looking over these, mine are a bit sad but here goes....

Sheri Hewson (Corrie and Loose Women) - she was the 'celeb' guest for a launch event at a magazine I worked on. She was really nice.

Denise Welch & Tim (er forgot his name) - at someone's 40th at Crewe Hall

Alot of the Corrie cast (as above) - can't name them, don't watch it - I just recognised the one who was in HearSay & the one with the curly hair (Richard?) who's now a singer (I say that loosely)

Bill Roach (Ken Barlow off Corrie) - in Abersoch, North Wales - he has a holiday home there and so saw him most weekends.

Colin from Eastenders (the first openly gay man in a soap opera if I recall) - I didn't meet him, but his on-screen boyfriend when I worked in a Little Chef when at college.

The Cure (at Little Chef) - I nearly fainted (one of my fave bands)

Nick Hancock, nearly ran him over on a pub carpark one Christmas whilst I was rooting around for my fags... Oops

Robbie Williams - used to play pool with him in a (now closed) pub in Hartshill, Stoke on Trent.

and the piece de la resistance...(sorry **** I know!)

The Chuckle Brothers at a hotel in Dartford.

OMG - looking at my list, it's not so bad.... I've met a few 'famous' people (using that word very, very loosely).
            Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn....

Comment

Originally posted by Bozebo View Post
              Denise Welch & Tim (er forgot his name) - at someone's 40th at Crewe Hall

Colin from Eastenders (the first openly gay man in a soap opera if I recall) - I didn't meet him, but his on-screen boyfriend when I worked in a Little Chef when at college.
              Tim Healey and Michael Cashman (I think)
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Thanks - **** with names!!
                Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn....

Comment

I was kissed on the cheek by Jimmy Saville. I was in hospital in traction at the time so I couldn't run away....

Comment

I went to St Roch's Secondary School in Glasgow and the footballer Mo Johnson and the crook Paul Ferris ( Ian Rankin wrote books about him) were in the same year as me. salemsmine

Comment

I deliver for a parcel company around the Devon/Dorset area and i have now delivered twice to Martin clunes who is a very nice man.
                      Also delivered to Ade Edmondson but he was out at the time.

Comment

I've just seen Nick Cave in my local Waitrose

Comment

Originally posted by MommaMystique View Post
                          As a kid I went into the post office in Hest Bank and met Eric Morecambe... lovely lovely man.
                          Recieved my gold medal for ballet off Wei Wei Wong..... hostess on the Golden Shot.
                          Served Patrick Moore and John Noakes countless times in shop I worked in.
                          Went to same school as Charity Dingle... however she is so much younger than me.
                          Was in same classes as Keiran Flynn (All Quiet on the Preston front) ....I knew him as Stephen Flynn back then.
                          Terry Pratchett.... but as that was a book signing does it really count?
                          David Jason... held the door at Selfridges in London for me.
                          Got a wave off Ritchie Blackmore (Rainbow) as he let us into traffic in London.... mind you I was on the back of a superb Harley!
                          Nigel Mansell.... unfortunately as this involved my motorbike, him and the Quarterbridge Roundabout on the Isle of Man.
                          The wonderful little man Norman Wisdom gave me a lift into Douglas from the hospital I worked in in his red MG Midget. What an absolute sweetheart.
                          Rick Wakeman... handing over raffle gifts which I had had the pleasure of writing to him to ask if he would donate something.
                          Gerald Sangster race horse owner.... does a phone call count?
                          Hunter and Cobra (Gladiators) in New Street Birmingham
                          You mention Terry Pratchett - I shared an office with him as a journalist on a local paper before he became an author in the late 60's at High Wycombe. I remember that in order that no one would keep borrowing his copy of the local telephone directory, he covered it in plain white paper, and on the spine printed: "Butterflies and Moths of the Outer Hebrides". Kinda did the trick!

Comment

About 8 or 9 years ago, I was stood on Surbiton station when a train cancellation was announced. A well spoken Asian looking gentleman turned to me bemoaning the event and we entered into a conversation. I had a vague recollection of having seen his face somewhere, but couldn't place it. His train came in, we said goodbye and I went home. Later that evening, I put the telly on and started mindlessly channel hopping, settling on the Arnie flick 'True Lies'. There he was, head of the terrorists, Art Malik. I jumped up pointing madly at the screen and shouting 'I met him, I met him today.' My girlfriend, the only other person in the room, didn't even bother to wake up.

Comment

At least you didn't go "Look It's Art Mailk" like Smeeta Smitten, Showbiz Kitten from totally brilliant Goodness Gracious Me.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                                At least you didn't go "Look It's Art Mailk" like Smeeta Smitten, Showbiz Kitten from totally brilliant Goodness Gracious Me.
                                which is EXACTLY what I did when Mike Baldwin (Coronation Street) came into my work..."YOU'RE MIKE BALDWIN"..... "no, Johny Briggs", was his exasperated reply

Felt a right muppet
                                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Working...
                                X