old 70s advert but what was it for ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old 70s advert but what was it for ?

hi i'm trying to find an old 70s uk advert and also want to know what it was advertising , hoping that someone can remember , so here goes with what it was about ......
    Local lower or non-league football team reach 3rd round of the FA Cup. They are led to the local tailors to get suited and booted.
    The manager, who I think is played by Bill Dean(Harry Cross from Brookside) says something like..."This lot have reached the 3rd round of the cup"
    " I know" says the sales assistant, "the whole town's talking about it"
    Then someone pokes their head round the door of the shop...." Hey boss! We've drawn Arsenal away!"

"Put'em back" says the manager to his disappointed players as they were just trying on their new clobber ..... ............... know it ?

any help is very much appreciated

Re: old 70s advert but what was it for ?

Can remember the advert, but not what it was advertising!

Comment

Dunn and Co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WmJ0h9PEsf0#t=8

Comment

Excellent well found.

I did a search and all that kept coming up was it was for a 'fashionable men's retailer'
        Heather

Comment

Oh well done indeed. I have spent a good few hours searching for this with no results. Did you find it out or remember it?

Comment

I remember a lot of those ads while watching The Big Match. The pubs would shut at 2 on a Sunday. So all the ads were aimed at blokes you'd see ads
            for menswear and beer etc

Comment

Dunn and Co Tailors

Any You tube of the Ad?

Originally posted by dwrobbo View Post
              hi i'm trying to find an old 70s uk advert and also want to know what it was advertising , hoping that someone can remember , so here goes with what it was about ......
              Local lower or non-league football team reach 3rd round of the FA Cup. They are led to the local tailors to get suited and booted.
              The manager, who I think is played by Bill Dean(Harry Cross from Brookside) says something like..."This lot have reached the 3rd round of the cup"
              " I know" says the sales assistant, "the whole town's talking about it"
              Then someone pokes their head round the door of the shop...." Hey boss! We've drawn Arsenal away!"

"Put'em back" says the manager to his disappointed players as they were just trying on their new clobber ..... ............... know it ?

any help is very much appreciated

Comment

Youtube link in third post

Comment

Whoever posted this ad on youtube has put it as from 1979. I doubt this i would say judging by the fashions it's more likely 1975. Who wore Safari suits in 1979!

Comment

Originally posted by whitewall66 View Post
                    Whoever posted this ad on youtube has put it as from 1979. I doubt this i would say judging by the fashions it's more likely 1975. Who wore Safari suits in 1979!
                    Duncan Norvelle!

Comment

Sandy Gall the newsreader used to wear them all the time. Even Roger Moore stopped wearing them by 1979!. Though having said that he might have worn one in The Wild Geese

Comment

Working...
                      X