Benson, Hedges, and Tutunkhamen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benson, Hedges, and Tutunkhamen!

Does anyone remember a Benson & Hedges ad that was shown at the cinema which was actually a spoof on the legendary Tutunkhamen exhibition in the early 70's in London?. It showed footage of crowds of people queuing round the block at the British Museum, and as the camera slowly tracks along the line, we eventually see it's a huge gold B&H packet they're looking at!! This was of course back when cigarette advertising was considered OK at the cinema!

For that matter, does anyone remember the Tutankhamen exhibition??

I remember seeing the exhibition being covered on blue Peter

As for the B/H ads , I vaguely remember that one and I also remember seeing one on tv and the cinema with bank robbers breaking into a vault. It stuck in my memory because the cinema version was much longer and more visually and aurally impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Andyjh64 View Post
      Does anyone remember a Benson & Hedges ad that was shown at the cinema which was actually a spoof on the legendary Tutunkhamen exhibition in the early 70's in London?. It showed footage of crowds of people queuing round the block at the British Museum, and as the camera slowly tracks along the line, we eventually see it's a huge gold B&H packet they're looking at!! This was of course back when cigarette advertising was considered OK at the cinema!

For that matter, does anyone remember the Tutankhamen exhibition??
      I have a hazy recollection of seeing that advert, I'd completely forgotten about it until now.
      I was very fortunate, somehow my primary school got some kind of pass for the Tutankhamen exhibition. It was just our class and I think we had the exhibition to ourselves which was quite something, Tutankhamen was big news in 72!

Comment

It’s on youtube
        https://youtu.be/0NZzUfkjPLc

Comment

I don't remember Tutankhamun's exhibition very well. I like to study ancient Egypt and the civilization of that time. It's hard to remember how many books I've read and how many TV shows I've looked at on this topic. Probably, my love for this began with the cartoon "Tutenstein". Remember it? Now, of course, I would love to go to this exhibition. The main thing is to find a place to stay with all amenities and services. However, I think it can only be realized with a trip to Europe or Egypt. I don't know how to organize it, considering I have a busy work schedule this year. I hope that I will be able to free up my time in two years.

Comment

I was taken to the Tutankhamnum exhibition as a small boy

Comment

I don't remember Tutankhamun's exhibition very well. I like to study ancient Egypt and the civilization of that time. It's hard to remember how many books I've read and how many TV shows I've looked at on this topic. Probably, my love for this began with the cartoon "Tutenstein". Remember it? Now, of course, I would love to go to this exhibition. The main thing is to find a hotel nearby with all amenities and services. However, I think it can only be realized with a trip to Europe or Egypt. I don't know how to organize it, considering I have a busy work schedule this year. I hope that I will be able to free up my time in two years.

Comment

Working...
              X