Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East European kids program?

Hi, I'm new to the site...

Growing up in 70s Britain, I remember there used to be these weird, I want to say Czech or Polish, dubbed programs that were shown mostly in the school holidays (1/2 term etc). The one I most remember involved this boy who built a laser, and kept it under his bed. It seemed to have a life of its own and could talk to him and I think it was his only friend. Can anyone help with the name of this program/series?

Is that The Jetsons? I don't know if it is as you describe or not?
    Last edited by revealhoundstooth; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

This is Oscar, Kina and the Laser, and is not - as many people think - Eastern European but Spanish. It was a 1978 feature film which was split into three parts for television.

You can view the original, undubbed Spanish film here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlyvbrvSeD4

Comment

Originally posted by revealhoundstooth View Post
        Is that The Jetsons? I don't know if it is as you describe or not?
        No. Definitely not the Jetsons. I did watch an awful lot of TV, and would have mentioned if what I saw was a cartoon. Thanks for the comment though.

Comment

Originally posted by NostalgiaGuy View Post
          This is Oscar, Kina and the Laser, and is not - as many people think - Eastern European but Spanish. It was a 1978 feature film which was split into three parts for television.

You can view the original, undubbed Spanish film here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlyvbrvSeD4
          I've just speed watched this via the link you provided. I think this may be it. Although I don't remember the plot about a kidnapped boy or the loud "ethereal" music, and I'm sure I remember a slightly different way that Laser shut down.
          Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Working...
          X