Random memories of tv shows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random memories of tv shows.

This is a list of random tv shows that I have remembered whilst looking theerough the site, I would like to see anyone elses list to see if they jog a memory for me as well.

The Gaffer. Bill Mainard was a miserable engineering factory owner who was always fighting with his staff.

The brothers Mc gregor. Two liverpool brother I think ran a car sales pitch.

The rag trade. Set in a clothes factory with a very 1970's shop steward.

Marine boy Animated adventure may have been originaly Japanese?

Battle of the Planets I think the story was five children wish special powers transformed into a firery phoenix to battle a evil guy.

Spearhead. Set around a army unit or a base I'm not sure.

Triangle. Set on a north sea ferry I think.

Re: Random memories of tv shows.

I Know I remember liking The Gaffer as a kid but its one of those I dont actually remember much about it.

All the above I'm sure are mentioned on the forum apart from Triangle http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081951/ and Brother MacGregor http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088490/

I could sit and link them all but I think this thread will work better if we just let people add their memories, unless you need any confirming then links can be given.
    Heather

Comment

I remember The Gaffer. It was good. Bill Maynard was great in it. He was also great as Selwyn Froggitt. I saw him in Panto in Sunderland in the 70's. It was really funny!
      I have vague memories of Triangle too, set on the ferry. Don't seem to think i liked it though!
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I seem to remember Triangle was like Dallas...but on a British ferry! Lots of infighting, bitching and back-stabbing. Almost as depressing as East Enders!

Comment

I remember the 1st episode of Triangle was repeated as part of TV Hell, I wasn't too impressed with it.

A few years later Howard's Way managed to a better job of a "Supersoap", & was marine based as well.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The only thing I remember about 'The Gaffer' was the opening titles, where Bill Maynard would take a parking ticket off the windscreen of his knackered Rover P6, chuck it onto a big pile of tickets on the back seat, and drive to work, arriving at the yard of his workplace as the title theme faded out. I think I switched the TV off or over after that.

I remember 'Triangle' - I recently found the opening titles on Youtube (don't know if it's still there). Great theme tune. Kate O'Mara was in it, and was seen sunbathing at the start of the first episode on the deck of the ferry on what was probably a cold day.

'Battle Of The Planets' is something of an '80s classic.
            "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
              The only thing I remember about 'The Gaffer' was the opening titles, where Bill Maynard would take a parking ticket off the windscreen of his knackered Rover P6, chuck it onto a big pile of tickets on the back seat, and drive to work, arriving at the yard of his workplace as the title theme faded out. I think I switched the TV off or over after that.

I remember 'Triangle' - I recently found the opening titles on Youtube (don't know if it's still there). Great theme tune. Kate O'Mara was in it, and was seen sunbathing at the start of the first episode on the deck of the ferry on what was probably a cold day.

'Battle Of The Planets' is something of an '80s classic.
              aparrently it WAS freezing when that was filmed,it does beg the question though , who would want to sunbathe on a north sea ferry any way! a desperate attempt to 'glam' it up!

Comment

Working...
              X