This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Doctor Who!

I did. He's also Mike Tucker in The Archers.

Comment

Wasn't he also one of Jeremy Beadle's team in the 80s, setting up members of the public in Beadle's About?

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
        Wasn't he also one of Jeremy Beadle's team in the 80s, setting up members of the public in Beadle's About?
        I don't think so...

Comment

so how do you feel about the jenna louise coleman coming in to replace karen gillan as his new companion.

and how do you think karen did in her time as his companion.

although karen will be in most of the new series to come.

i had a feeling her time was coming to an end as she was not in the chrimbo special and although we saw her and rory in a cyberman episiode they never seen the dr.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
            I don't think so...
            I have this very clear memory of him standing there with a clip-board as a council official. But I've Goggled several sites and can't get a list of the people who helped Jeremy on the show. Maybe just a mixed up memory on my part.

Comment

Yes indeed. Fifth paragraph.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features...s/terry-molloy

Comment

Originally posted by willpurry View Post
                Thanks Glad to know my memory isn't as bad as it sometimes seems!

Comment

never knew there where five seperate ranges of original dr who novels.
                  and it was only meant to run for thirteen weeks.

it must have been hugely popoular over those episodes for it to have continued to this day.

i wonder does the 783 episodes include the lost episodes.
                  regarding the peter cushing dr who films i have daleks invasion earth 2150 ad on the old thorn emi video.

It's 48 years to the day since Doctor Who first materialized on BBC TV on 23rd November 1963. President Kennedy had just been assassinated, man was still six years away from reaching the Moon, and there were only two TV channels in Britain, "BBC" and "The Other Side". Now, 48 years later, we've seen 11 Doctors feature in 223 stories made up of 783 episodes (not including Children in Need Etc) plus four spin-off shows (K9 & Company, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures and K9), several theatre productios, more than 200 audio/radio stories, five separate ranges of original novels, two cinema adaptations starring Peter Cushing, three webcast adventures and forty seven years worth of comic strips. Not bad for a series originally intended to run for 13 weeks!

Happy Anniversary, Doctor!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    never knew there where five seperate ranges of original dr who novels.
                    and it was only meant to run for thirteen weeks.

it must have been hugely popoular over those episodes for it to have continued to this day.

i wonder does the 783 episodes include the lost episodes.
                    Yes. There are 106 episodes missing from the 784 broadcast so far (it's 784 now, since the Christm as 2011 episode).
                    regarding the peter cushing dr who films i have daleks invasion earth 2150 ad on the old thorn emi video.
                    I really like that film! Bernard Cribbins in particular was great in it.

Comment

so how do you feel about the jenna louise coleman coming in to replace karen gillan as his new companion.

and how do you think karen did in her time as his companion.

although karen will be in most of the new series to come.

i had a feeling her time was coming to an end as she was not in the chrimbo special and although we saw her and rory in a cyberman episiode they never seen the dr.
                      I thought Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill were great, it's a shame they only have about half a dozen episodes to go. I've never actually seen the new girl in anything, as far as I know.

Comment

Glad they are going - the shows been more about that pair than anything else and their stupid 'daughter' River Pond Song Bore.

Comment

I thought Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill were great, it's a shame they only have about half a dozen episodes to go. I've never actually seen the new girl in anything, as far as I know.

she has been in emmerdale and waterloo road.

well i think karen has been in it since matt took the role.
                          either that or she came in in his second season.

regarding thar daleks film its quite funny and i though y cribbins is class in it as a copper.
                          Last edited by darren; 29-04-2012, 00:28.

Comment

she has been in emmerdale and waterloo road.

well i think karen has been in it since matt took the role.
                            either that or she came in in his second season.
                            I have looked on YT at Jenna-Louise Coleman's parts in Emmerdale and Waterloo Road, since I heard she was in those shows. She seems like a good actress, so I'm hoping for great things.

Yes, Karen Gillen was in the show from Matt's first episode. I'm afraid I've not been a big fan of hers. I liked Rory a lot more.

Comment

I have looked on YT at Jenna-Louise Coleman's parts in Emmerdale and Waterloo Road, since I heard she was in those shows. She seems like a good actress, so I'm hoping for great things.

Yes, Karen Gillen was in the show from Matt's first episode. I'm afraid I've not been a big fan of hers. I liked Rory a lot more.
                              yes thats right i remember now.

so who are your fave dr's and companions mate.

my two fave drs are peter davison and jon pertwee.
                              peter at one time had i think 4 companions adric,tegan,nyssa and kameleon,

Comment

Yes, Peter had a full Tardis! My favourite Doctors were the ones I watched as a child and teenager. Pertwee and Baker. My Fave companions were Jo Grant, Sarah Jane and Harry Sullivan ... also Leela.

Comment

Working...
                                X