This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Doctor Who!

remember a review is jut one persons opinion on a certain story.

i dont listen to reviews as ytour opinion on it might be different to that of the reviewer.

i just watch any story i want and make my own mind up.

A lot of people say rthey dont like sylvesters stories but i sure do.
    ive not disappointed by any of his ive seen so far.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    That's true, I've read a few books & websites with reviews & they can vary a lot for the same story.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      remember a review is jut one persons opinion on a certain story.

i dont listen to reviews as ytour opinion on it might be different to that of the reviewer.

i just watch any story i want and make my own mind up.

A lot of people say rthey dont like sylvesters stories but i sure do.
      ive not disappointed by any of his ive seen so far.
      The sames said of Colin Baker, but I've never really been disappointed with him. After watching Attack of the Cybermen I thought Matt Smith reminded me of his take on the role...

McCoy's Dr became a lot darker towards the end of the original series - Remembrance of The Daleks proved that...and to an extent Silver Nemesis.
      Last edited by Heather74; 17-05-2012, 18:40. Reason: removing comment.

Comment

In his earlier stories Colin Baker seemed too melodramatic to take seriously, but by the end of his first series his was getting better, but the series was being put on ice.

Sylvester McCoy also too a few stories to get settled, but got into the groove sooner.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Well...it does take a while for the 'new bloke' to settle in Rich - must be hard to not emulate the previous actor as well. The BBC didn't help Colin Baker's tenure really with the way they messed things up too...Did you have a look at that online comic link I posted a few pages back Richard? Recommend it...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            In his earlier stories Colin Baker seemed too melodramatic to take seriously, but by the end of his first series his was getting better, but the series was being put on ice.

Sylvester McCoy also too a few stories to get settled, but got into the groove sooner.
            There was apparently a long term plan with Colin's Doctor to make him quite abrasive at first and gradually soften him up, but because his tenure was cut short, it never had a chance t play out properly. Colin originally intended to stay as long as possible, he wanted to beat Tom Baker's record of seven years. Given the chance, I think he'd have managed it too, and been a lot more highly regarded than he is.

Comment

SEEMS CLIN WAS IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL ONLY A CERTAIN FELLA DID LIKE HIM.

IN his earlier stories he was very funny him and operi a great team.i
              do regard him highly.
              sometimes because of his personality i feel people take him as a joke.
              think i need to see more of his stories not seen many.

he was very different from peter davison who was very serious.

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
              There was apparently a long term plan with Colin's Doctor to make him quite abrasive at first and gradually soften him up, but because his tenure was cut short, it never had a chance t play out properly. Colin originally intended to stay as long as possible, he wanted to beat Tom Baker's record of seven years. Given the chance, I think he'd have managed it too, and been a lot more highly regarded than he is.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had a problem with Peter Davison as Doctor Who. I could/can never accept him as anything other than Tristan Farnon in All Creatures Great and Small.
                "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                  I had a problem with Peter Davison as Doctor Who. I could/can never accept him as anything other than Tristan Farnon in All Creatures Great and Small.
                  Lol - imagine if they'd cast Robert Hardy as The Master back then...it would have literally been Siegfried and Tristan...ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                    The dangers of typecasting. That was what curtailed Tom Baker's career for years.

Comment

He was never typecast and his career was always strong after Who.

Comment

Some Dr Who stuff on Cracked. That is some obsession.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19836...anboys_p2.html

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          some dr who stuff on cracked. That is some obsession.

lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            Some Dr Who stuff on Cracked. That is some obsession.

I'd be happy for him, if I hadn't really disliked his version of the Doctor. Matt Smith, on the other hand, had never seen an episode before getting the part and primed himself for it by watching Tomb of the Cybermen on DVD, and he turned out to be absolutely brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                              I'd be happy for him, if I hadn't really disliked his version of the Doctor. Matt Smith, on the other hand, had never seen an episode before getting the part and primed himself for it by watching Tomb of the Cybermen on DVD, and he turned out to be absolutely brilliant...
                              Funny how Mr Tennant had been voted the best Doctor, beating Tom Baker's fan favoured position, doing the role for nearly 4 years - your in a minority of...ONE there. Basically, apart from an actors new interpretation, the Doctor's character is rather empty, vague and actually 1 dimensional - we know nothing about him - that may add mystery to the part, true, but on the whole you are saying you'd rather watch a young man run around playing a one dimensional role, lolling about, jumping, shouting and acting like a clown one moment then some serious creature the next...basically, badly written - with an 'oohh! Ahhh! Aren't I brilliant! I am The Doctor!' moment thrown in? Oh wait, they did that with Tennant too - so both have similarities - but on the whole at least Tennant had depth - if Moffats so brilliant, he'd give his 11th Dr depth - oh wait, he hasn't - he couldn't even give him a newer form of depth to his character - just relying on him acting like a know it all and confusing many viewers with its anodyne plots....whether I like Matts Doctor or not, personally I am happy for him as The Doctor - going from unknown to well known actor - thumbs up to him - just because you dislike David Tennant you can't even be happy for him - thats pretty conceited - the mans not even done anything to you personally - or has he????

What do you reckon Sly? You posted that link???

Comment

I think there's no doubt that Tennant being the fan that he was made him put the effort in. Not just when he got the part, but the years before that, I mean, how many other Dr's can say they had such an understanding of the character that they could jump in and feel integrated and seamless. I feel he felt settled in the role as soon as he started, it was a natural transition between Eccleston and Tennant. I think Smith is OK, he has his moments. I think in the future he wont be as well remembered as Tennant will be.

As an actor too Tennant has a fine pedigree too. A standard that most actors aspire to.

Comment

Working...
                                X