Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Too old for it ?

Originally posted by darren View Post

I wonder mate have you had strange looks when you buy these dvd's and hand them to the cashier.
    Not really. I guess they probably think I'm buying them for other people. I haven't actually bought one for a while now, so I can't totally remember, to be honest. I'm always buying old sitcoms and 70s/80s dramas on DVD though.
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I sometimes get the weird looks when I buy games that have child friendly content. Oddly enough, it's often the case that those games have more content veered towards mature minds than games with high violence, blood, gore and foul language.

Comment

i love watching blue peter and wear my badge! i also watch tracy beaker, deadly 60 , live n deadly (wildlife progs with steve backshall ) the slammer.
        i watched grange hill too , magpie --still have my badge , the really wild show, splash--sad badge is gone,some of enid blyton`s stories in film .
        i dont care what people say --i think some of the children`s progs are better than the adults progs .i`m just me and love some of the childrens stuff . better than the awful sex and voilence and misery of some adult rubbish.
        i live history progs , time team, natural history , horrible histories, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rail Rider View Post
          i love watching blue peter and wear my badge! i also watch tracy beaker, deadly 60 , live n deadly (wildlife progs with steve backshall ) the slammer.
          i watched grange hill too , magpie --still have my badge , the really wild show, splash--sad badge is gone,some of enid blyton`s stories in film .
          i dont care what people say --i think some of the children`s progs are better than the adults progs .i`m just me and love some of the childrens stuff . better than the awful sex and voilence and misery of some adult rubbish.
          i live history progs , time team, natural history , horrible histories, etc.
          just be yourself and be happy mate.
          i think to much of whats on is depressing.
          diid u get a badge for being on splash cant remember it.
          as you say some adult shows are rubbish.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by havasack View Post
            Aged 20+ I was still recording Grange Hill for when I came in from the pub. In my early teens I'd get home from school and stick the tele on and watch all the stuff for kids years younger (play school, jackanory etc) now I've caught my eldest (12) watching peppa pig on youtube. Is it genetic or do we all do it ?

Well, as has been said it is still so when you are older. I am a massive Grange Hill fan and still love it, in it's heyday pre-2002 and after 2002 in a way too, it was better than some "Adult TV Programmes", but rightly or wrongly now we have Waterloo Road in it's place. It is like it's roles reveresed in a way, kids watching Adult shows with WR and the whole concept of the idea is the other way round to what Grange Hill was on CBBC. Yeah it's still cool/great to watch Childrens TV when you are not a Child I think.

Comment

Yes G.H is a series i will always have a special place for. as i said before its like a second childhood to me.

G.H. still had strong storylines considering when it was on the time it was on, but it was more aimed at kids unlike a certain other school based show.

G.H must be a great show why else is there forums dedicated to it.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                Yes G.H is a series i will always have a special place for. as i said before its like a second childhood to me.

G.H. still had strong storylines considering when it was on the time it was on, but it was more aimed at kids unlike a certain other school based show.

G.H must be a great show why else is there forums dedicated to it.
                It is very similar for me too, Darren too. Grange Hill was like a Schoolyou could go to - for me, without the hassle of School in real life terms. You could live your dreams through it, is what I often thought and this made and still makes it so special I think, even if your are not a Child and this is another reason that I think it has such effection by "Joe Public"

There is only one Forum dedicated to Grange Hill I know of - which was ran by a dear dear friend of mine who sadly passed away in 2009. It is a pitty the affection for GH does not run as deep as it is portrayed on the Internet etc I think as as much as many people do love it, a lot of people claim to like it but this is quite mythical to a degree I think in some way's.

Comment

yes id far rather have have games that have no violence that are child friendly.my bro thinks i should grow up and not watch these things.

one iwatch is charlie brown he saw me watching it said nowt to me but later i heard he thought why was someone my age watching it.

simple ijust still enjoythese shows and many others.

end of theday your only too old to watch theseshows if u feel you are.

i still watch tons of shows on youtube and i will when im a hundred.

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                  I sometimes get the weird looks when I buy games that have child friendly content. Oddly enough, it's often the case that those games have more content veered towards mature minds than games with high violence, blood, gore and foul language.

Comment

Working...
                  X