A programme called "School"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A programme called "School"

It was a "Fly On The Wall" Series about life in a real School in the Manchester area - in the late 1990s, may-be it ran into the very early 2000s, it wason C4 I think, being one of the very first reality shows - after Big Brother etc. Can anyone else recall it, it'd be great to know if others recall it! May-be Richard might recall it i'm wondering as it may possibly of even been about a Stockport School i'm thinking too now

Thanks for any replies,

80sChav

Re: A programme called "School"

hi mate.
    i cant remwember it but ill do some research and hopefully something will come up.
    i do not like things beating me.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'm afraid I don't recall this one at all. I remember Driving School & Vets in Practice when Docusoaps were all the rage, luckily not for too long!
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

There were clips of this on Medinner, the best one was the head ranting at two boys who had written in the late book:
        I was late as I had to rescue a cat from a tree, and
        i was late as I put a cat up a tree.
        I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post
          There were clips of this on Medinner, the best one was the head ranting at two boys who had written in the late book:
          I was late as I had to rescue a cat from a tree, and
          i was late as I put a cat up a tree.
          Thanks Retrogames,
          Do you have a link by any chance to Medinner? Thanks to Darren and Richard as well for all your help etc here too. If it means anytrhing to anyone it was on at about 4pm on a staurday afternoon, as I recall well that generaly there is nothing good on TV at this time and it was often on when the Footy Season was in close-season (eg April/May to August)

Comment

Hey 80sChav, I do indeed remember this show and caught it quite a few times. When I read your original post I wasn't too sure if I was remembering the same show but when I saw you mention it being on at around 4pm Saturday afternoon it clicked. I think it was actually screened on Channel 5 though, back during the days of shows like Harry & Kosh and The Tribe, both of which were also screened on a saturday afternoon.

I do remember a few bits and pieces and I can remember the final episode where the kids finished school and looked set to go their seperate ways being pretty sad. Pretty sure there was an episode where they covered the kids going away to perform as part of a brass band or something, memory is a bit hazy but yeah, I remember bits here and there.

Comment

Yeah, www.medinner.co.uk, i'll find five mins to figure out which eps it is, as i've not got ep descriptions on the site at the mo (previous server crashed and lost everything grr) although from the description by Palazzo the ones here predate c5, it might be an earlier school docu then, as the Medinner clip ones were from the first one broadcast as far as I know?
              I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
                Hey 80sChav, I do indeed remember this show and caught it quite a few times. When I read your original post I wasn't too sure if I was remembering the same show but when I saw you mention it being on at around 4pm Saturday afternoon it clicked. I think it was actually screened on Channel 5 though, back during the days of shows like Harry & Kosh and The Tribe, both of which were also screened on a saturday afternoon.

I do remember a few bits and pieces and I can remember the final episode where the kids finished school and looked set to go their seperate ways being pretty sad. Pretty sure there was an episode where they covered the kids going away to perform as part of a brass band or something, memory is a bit hazy but yeah, I remember bits here and there.
                It would be great to re-watch any episodes Palazzo I tried Medinner but to no avail sadly (or I could not work the site out rather - knowing me Lol). I recall the tall kid with fair hair mostly, he caused loads of trouble and was always in trouble with the Teachers and must've had more warning's, he was a true "card" indeed.

Comment

Working...
                X