Bring back... or reboot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bring back... or reboot?

I am sure there are many others that I'd pick - but it has to be time soon I think for Bread to return (seeing the Family older) and may-be more wiser.

It will be 25 years in 2016 as un-imaginable as it is since Bread last finished. That is a long long time in any context I think without much reference of any sort of comeback given how popular it used to be!

80sChav

Comment

Blockbusters was rebooted as well as catchphrase.

Catchphrase has done better of the 2.

Open all hrs reboot is pretty good altho quite a few of the original cast are in it..

Yes a lot of people i know have said they just dont like the thunderbirds reboot.

I guess the originals just have a certain charm or something the reboots dont have for some reason.
      ---------------------------------------------

bread 25 yrs since it finished wow.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Blake's 7 was mentioned in earlier posts. This was raised some time ago at the BBC. It received no more than a lukewarm reception. The plan was then dropped.

This was one series that should have been good, but due to a tiny budget, was laughable. Amazingly, it did have a good following.
        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

More shows i feel should be raised at the bbc for either being shown again or getting a reboot.

Sure look d.m has been rebooted.

Yes i know the odd person who loves it.

Would love to see the tripods come back on scared me it did.

Originally posted by marc View Post
          blake's 7 was mentioned in earlier posts. This was raised some time ago at the bbc. It received no more than a lukewarm reception. The plan was then dropped.

This was one series that should have been good, but due to a tiny budget, was laughable. Amazingly, it did have a good following.

Comment

Years ago there was a plan to remake the Tripods, not sure if it was for TV or a film series.

The 1980s series padded out the books rather than compress the plot as most adaptations do.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes i think i heard too about a remake.
              Would have been hard to top the original for sheer atmosphere.

I do rewmember the third series never happened.

Originally posted by richard1978 View Post
              years ago there was a plan to remake the tripods, not sure if it was for tv or a film series.

The 1980s series padded out the books rather than compress the plot as most adaptations do.

Comment

Working...
              X