Supergran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supergran?

I apologize in advance if there was/is a dedicated thread for Supergran - but after much searching I could not find a thread. Supergran really was a top show in it's day - or so I believed in 1985 (I think it was) upon first watching it on TV. I can still recall to this day I was adding pictures to a scrap-Book when it came on TV and that somebody (I'm unsure who in the Family - pointed out a picture in the Magazine I had not noted) and I felt great then as a result. Anyway to cut a long story short I longed for years to see this again and after becoming involved with a friend of a good friend who eventually turned out to be an evil con-trickster and general nasty piece of work (though I never noticed it as so for a good while) my mutual friend was given on Supergran on Video by the other friend - as we all swapped things then to each other we thought may be of interest about 15 years or so since, when this was.

To say I was gutted is an un-derstatement - what terrible terrible trash Supergran was (even in my 20s) when this was .....abliet with some interesting parts of the storyline - but it was totally totally far fetched in the extreme!

What do other members think to Supergran?, did you like it or not possibly?

80sChav

Re: Supergran?

HERE IT IS.

IT WAS QUITE FUNNY IS THAT HER FROM EASTENDERS WHO IS SUPERGRAN.

https://youtu.be/Psb3ZMOAcII
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember it was one Sunday afternoon, & a rare show by Tyne Tees to be shown in a near peak slot.

While the scripts could be hit & miss, the theme by Billy Connelly was quite good.

My brother had a box set of the original books by Forest Wilson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Gran
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        I remember it was one Sunday afternoon, & a rare show by Tyne Tees to be shown in a near peak slot.

While the scripts could be hit & miss, the theme by Billy Connelly was quite good.

My brother had a box set of the original books by Forest Wilson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Gran
        My memories of it as kid that I can recall, Richard is of it being an amazingly good programme for Kids and theme tune being quite decent too. Par that though as you say the scripts could be hit and miss - but it was amazingly terrible dribble in general I found/thought

Comment

I remember it. Billy Connolly sang the theme tune. I wasn't a fan of the show but I thought it was OK.

Finnthedude.

Comment

This programme was total rubbish, even for a children's programme. Bad acting from start to finish. I even remember my then next door neighbour's child, who was seven or eight at the time, saying it was awful.
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
              but it was totally totally far fetched in the extreme!
              As opposed to Superman, which always strives to maintain its believability base.

Comment

It was filmed in my local area so I watched it to spot places but I can't remember anything about the storylines. Remember seeing the filming units around sometimes.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                  This programme was total rubbish, even for a children's programme. Bad acting from start to finish. I even remember my then next door neighbour's child, who was seven or eight at the time, saying it was awful.
                  Here, here Marc!

Tho I guess it is the kind of show that has that "magic appeal" as a young kid - then years later in hindsight you wonder "why"!!

Comment

I haven't got round to watching Supergran yet but I was verbally informed by a TVS viewer that it gave Tyne Tees a bad name and reputation. Tyne Tees programmes were an uncommon sight and rare around peak viewing times in the evening so what little they networked had a large impact on the channel's image. The result of Supergran was that any mention of Tyne Tees to a southerner tended to make them cringe. They would have much preferred a networked programme from STV or even Grampian to anything from Tyne Tees.

This same person said that it was a crying shame that Tyne Tees was re-awarded their ITV franchise in 1992 but TVS lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X