Tv programmes before your time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv programmes before your time

What tv programmes have you heard of but they were on the box before you were born,or to young to remember

Peyton Place
    Rawhide

Re: Tv programmes before your time

My parents used to mention the Z Cars and Steptoe & Son when I was young years before I had the chance to see any repeated.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

dr who before my time the first 3 drs.

Would love to have seen those stories as most of the first 2 drs ive not saw but would have been great seeing them on tv at the time.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        My parents used to mention the Z Cars and Steptoe & Son when I was young years before I had the chance to see any repeated.
        Cant remember much about Z Cars or Emergency Ward Ten,or London Paladium

Comment

watch with mother, dixon of dock green, fabian of the yard, the woodentops, whirligig.

Comment

Remember all of the above, including the first Dr played by William Hartnel, Rawhide airs on TCM, Peyton place was a very popular U.S soap on itv.
            I was born 1954 so i'm talking about shows like "Watch with mother", Billy bunter, bonehead, four feather falls a gerry anderson production, lone ranger, the range rider, champion the wonder horse, ripcord, whirlybirds, circus boy with mickey dolenze,
            Too young to see Quatermass, fabian of the yard, four just men, the bucaneers, ivanhoe, the epilogue a 5 min' religous message before closedown, or anything broadcast after 7.30pm in the early '60s.
            Fond memories of my childhood with only 2 channels to watch and remember they didn't come on air till 5.00pm with childrens hour.

Comment

Aint many before my time......lol

Comment

My late father was a big fan of the Quatermass TV programmes.
                I got the DVD boxed set and imagined him watching it on a tiny old B&W TV.

That's one sci-fi show that deserves to be relaunched - provided they keep to the spirit of the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
                  My late father was a big fan of the Quatermass TV programmes.
                  I got the DVD boxed set and imagined him watching it on a tiny old B&W TV.

That's one sci-fi show that deserves to be relaunched - provided they keep to the spirit of the original.
                  I remember there was a partial remake of The Quatermass Experiment in 2005 on BBC4, which was performed live & had the interesting addition of having Pope John Paul II's death announcement flashed up on screen during the middle of it.

I didn't see it though, but have the box set, which the Dr Who Restoration Team did a great effort to clean up.

Comment

The first Dr. Who
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by big kid View Post
                      watch with mother, dixon of dock green, fabian of the yard, the woodentops, whirligig.
                      I can vaguely remember these

Comment

so quatermass was more than just the films then.
                        There was actually a series

Originally posted by cartimand View Post
                        my late father was a big fan of the quatermass tv programmes.
                        I got the dvd boxed set and imagined him watching it on a tiny old b&w tv.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Quatermass was groundbreaking in its time '50s on bbc, there had been nothing like it before and people were spellbound.

Comment

Originally posted by angliaknight View Post
                            Quatermass was groundbreaking in its time '50s on bbc, there had been nothing like it before and people were spellbound.
                            My Dad remembers they were the talk of the school the day after.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                              The first Dr. Who
                              Muffin The Mule
                              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                              X